Coming from the UK for 10 days - your recommendations

best thing to do guys is look for a ground operator. Niseko has a couple as does Hakuba I believe - ( ski japan holidays i think)!

If you can find a place that offers advice about how to get there that takes out a lot of the hassle.

If you want to ski a lot of different resorts that is cool too but the problem is you don't really get to know the resort. Personally, I like to spend a bit of time somewhere and get to know the terrain. ( one day trips sounds like a lot of asking where the good shit is every day.) Most resorts take about a season to get to know.

Whatever happens make sure you enjoy - oh, and Hokkaido is just as Japanesey as Honshu!

Before I lived in Japan, I did something similar. We came for 3 weeks - 2 weeks we toured Gifu, Nagano and Niigata for the snow and then the last week.

Back in those days there was nothing like this site around, and it was much more difficult (almost impossible) to get decent info. You're lucky!

We had a fantastic time by the way \:\) The only downer was that back then, resorts were about 3 times as crowded as they are now.

Good luck with it all