I'm going to ski in Japan 11/12 - and I can't wait.

Sadly BofG

I don't think I will be able to go to Japan this year based on the fact that I don't have enough money.

My wife and children want to go without me even dragging them along this year as well.

Seemore

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I have a question. For the time that we are thinking of, almost everywhere seems to still have availability. We can't really book now and it is going to be maybe November before we can. Do you think that if there is still lots of spaces, prices might come down or special offers again later on in the year? Or will they hold firm and rather not fill up than have people pay less?

I would talk to the hotels direct and see what deals you can get. Early bird specials will run later this year but I would think that it will all go back to normal pricing by November. Interest in foreign tourism has started to grow again but the big surprise is the Japanese are now travelling. When you take a quarter of Honshu out of the tourist market then I suppose everywhere else is going to be busy. Hakuba is probably having it's biggest summer for a long time and a friend of mine who owns a ryokan on the other side of Nagano says it will be their busiest August ever. We may just find that this will continue for the winter also.

For the Tokyo Met based, judging from what I'm seeing in a couple of travel pubs, prices for air/bus/hotel packages to Hokkaido resorts look like coming in about the same at last season. Likely some of the same good deals available, as well.

• 2 weeks later...