Today we decided to go to our local ski jo at Nobeyama in Nagano on the Yamanashi / Nagano border.

To our surprise their were more people than we thought, far from crowded, but certainly not empty either.

Although most cars were from Yamanashi and Nagano, we also saw some from various other parts of Japan too.

Anyway we actually had a good time sliding in the snow, which was actually very good for the end of March and held out well even at the end of the day.

We will most likely go next week to to another local ski jo here in Yamanashi.

Although a lot may not be in the mood to get out, and for many that live far away from a ski resort going may not be an option, but for those close by, why not go and spend some money there, and help rebuild the economy, which will help rebuild Tohoku! Also a good way to take your mind off everything that is happening for a few hours.

Sun meadows in Kiyosato, just a small resort, but on my doorstep, plus I got a half season pass valid until end of season, so will go there. My daughter can also do the nikyu ski test this coming sunday!

Not sure, although it is very hot during the day in summer, I believe actually Yamagata has the hottest ever recorded summer time temperature?

But Kofu is a basin climate so daytime in summer is very hot with the evenings being cooler, although still very warm, and the winter day time being cold and the nights freezing cold!