Been in Yuzawa this weekend and today at Maiko and took a few pics.

Been very warm and the snow was just average. Bit icy and scrapy this morning and getting heavier as the day moved on. Quite busy too, but I like this place it's good. I can see what other people were saying about all the untouched areas to the side. Would love to go back on a weekday after a fresh fall of snow.

Fun was had. Here's a few snaps.

Saitaman_1.JPG

Tons of untouched areas. Not soft and fluffy but fun all the same.

Saitaman_18.JPG

Saitaman_17.JPG

Saitaman_16.JPG

Saitaman_15.JPG

Saitaman_14.JPG

Saitaman_13.JPG

Saitaman_12.JPG

Saitaman_11.JPG

Saitaman_10.JPG

This is on the 'town side' (above are in the 'bowl' area)

Saitaman_8.JPG

Saitaman_7.JPG

Saitaman_5.JPG

I'll have a big tower of beer please!

Saitaman_26.JPG

Saitaman_28.JPG

Saitaman_27.JPG

And a cheese fondue too!

Saitaman_20.JPG

Saitaman_23.JPG

Saitaman_21.JPG

norcal, When you get the tower pitcher there, there are two sizes. Halfway up is 2L (2000JPY), all the way up (no foam I suppose) is 4L (4000JPY).

Saitaman, looks like I had almost the exact same lunch as you when I went there a few weeks back (cheese fondue, onion rings, tower pitcher)

Yes.

One fairly short lift would link them completely and there were actually plans for that to happen. But it didn't happen.

Iwappara

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/resort_map.php?resortNo=13

Yuzawa/Minamiuonuma

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/ski-resort-map-niigata-yuzawa-minamiuonuma.html

Looky here.

On this photo Iwappara is on the left hand side and Maiko is on the right. (Yuzawa town is behind Iwappara to the left and Minamiuonuma is behind Maiko to the right).

muikabochi_2560.jpg

Right in the centre of the photo above, you can see the top of the top quad at Iwappara. Slightly to the right is the top of the now resting Iwappara Gondola.

Now look to the right of the photo and you'll see the top of the Maiko Gondola. And a bit above that to the left, the top of the bowl quad at Maiko. Just hidden to the right of the photo is the bowl area of Maiko.

So you can see how close they are and how relatively easy a link up would be. If you look closely you can even see where they apparently prepared to make the linking lift. That's the story I am told anyway.

Here's the Maiko bowl from a different angle.

The 'bowl quad' I'm talking about above is the one you can see going up on the left.

Iwappara is basically over the other side on this photo, and Yuzawa town on the other side of the mountain. Minamiuonuma is to the right (behind/right)

muikabochi_2242.JPG

Don't know if that's clear or not!