Hang onto your hats Queenslanders

290Kmh winds bigger than Katrina that hit the states a few years ago.

Remember what that did to New Orleans.

I would be flying to sunny Perth for a holiday.

Seemore

Originally Posted By: seemore

Seemore

Katrina was compounded by structural failure of levees which allowed the tidal surge to do the bulk of the damage.

Lets hope its not that bad!

Wow....that sucker looks fierce. Get yourselves and your hats to safety. We were beat up quite badly back in 2004 by a nasty typhoon and I never want to go through something like that again. Be safe.

Originally Posted By: seemore

Seemore
Coz we all know that Perth has a great big cyclone crusher out to see that squashes little devils like Bianca and sends them towards Bunbury as a sea breeze. lol

177,000 homes without power.

Lots of clean up to do.

A number of small communities with every 3rd home at least temporarily uninhabitable.

But it seemed to miss the biggest towns/cities where the biggest damage could have been done.

Personally being involved in the fruit and veg industry I am eagerly awaiting news on how the crops and growing regions have fared.

They already have enough interruption to the food supply network from the floods.

They could use a break.

Dodged a bullet there. If it went through Cairns, just a 200km north, total destruction.

The storm that hit here in 2007 and pushed a coal ship onto the beach had 120 km/h winds.

287 km/h winds at the centre. Can't imagine what that would be like!

Things have been intresting living in the sunshine state lately .We have been so lucky living on the sunshine coast compaired to the rest of the state.