Yes you did link 100% of the listed in english.

Yes you can contact the places on those pages in english.

I guess they would reply fairly quickly in english.

Does seem fairly simple...

Heres where it's not, this is a very last minute trip I wanted to get there and catch the last snow dump. I wanted an instant answer so I could book flights. That is only available by (a) calling all hotels which is 'expensive' and (B) checking availability through their sites, 'easy' and instant, so it would seem.

Of course I went to their websites, I needed to check availability. Your site, very is good and all but doesn't display this information only booking request. I rang a few as I needed an answer then not the next day. Obviously impracticable to ring all of them I used third party websites to check availability for these hotels and pensions etc...

Regardless the point is there was no 'straight through' accommodation at any one hotel. There is lots of availability in about 2 weeks from now, so I plan to come over there then. I just hope its snowing cause I will have to book it now. I don't know about other people but I'm not keen on hotel jumping, just one place for me will do.

Was this a hassle, yes, was this site helpful, yes, will I bother booking a last minute snow trip peak season again, no.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't you going to have excatly the same problems whenever you want to try and book somewhere at the very last minute? confused

If you had thrown off those forms yesterday, no doubt you would have got 50+ responses by now.

Have you ever heard of Skype? You can make extremely cheap calls to anywhere in the world using it.

Grungy Gonads - I booked NZ and other non snow holidays last minute no probs. Ok little harder to book a rental car last minute peak season NZ but not this hard and If I had of waited around (pointless coz I'm not going there now, at least not for another 2 weeks) I would have had 100 odd responses but what good would they have done me, to little too late.

Yes, I've heard of Skype but again, running out to shops that are closed, to buy a 'VOIP' to make calls to Japan to find availability for a last minute "oh s##t look at the forecast I'm going" trip doesn't really work...

panhead pete - Hakuba rocks? I hope so, coz I'm going there in 2 weeks and next time I need a last minute accommodation, as in the very next day, I'll email you, it couldn't be easier smile

Do that, I'll sort help you get sorted without a prob. What dates you there?

Cool you are still doing what you are, my kinda travel. Last minute! Where in Colo you headed?

Skype is great, load up some credit and 2c a min calls to landlines almost anywhere. No need to even leave the house.

Have fun.

Skype takes about 5 minutes to download and install.

For free.

You do not need to go to a shop.

I'm lost as to what your main problem is here.

The fact that lots of hotels don't have real-time online booking available on their website?

You seem intent to think it's more difficult than it is.

Anyway, whatever, don't know why I'm posting this.

Yes I prefer last minute, chase the storm and get there when the goodies arrive 'fresh pow' rather than rock up and hope.. With the exception of the headache I had this time round..

I'm trying to get to colorado this friday, got everything sorted just need to book in the flight, everything else is booked. Heavy Snow forecast for some resorts in Colorado.

Yeah I know its gonna be harder to avoid the crowds but thats why I said loveland, its supposed to be under rated and passed by the majority for the bigger resorts like vail and breckenridge. I'll see what the vibe is when I get there and I'll work it out from there even if that means driving a couple hours to go to steamboat. I have a car there so no biggy and the closer resorts should b a lil less crowded during the week.

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Loveland is passed for a reason.... If its me get up early, go to Steamboat, ride the back bowl, esp if there has been pow. Just watch Rabbit Ears pass if its dumped.

Hey Dude,

Steamboat was heaps good! Spewing I didn't have my camera when the sun stuck it's head out over the valley and lit up the town looked so nice! I wanted to film some tree runs but it was dumping so hard you wouldn't see much.. Vail was heaps good too!

Had everything reserved for Hakuba but ran into some problems. I can't get a verified certificate to make payment for Hakuba Panorama Hotel..? Anyone stayed there know if the payment gateway is safe?

Very%20Nice_8.JPG
Vail

Very%20Nice_7.JPG
My car

Looks like it should be all good, got a response from them, with a confirmation. I'll let them know when I get there about their payment gateway. I just got back in from LA and off to Hakuba on wednesday and the forecast is looking better smile

Glad I went to Colorado, everyone there was saying they had the best snow they seen in 10 years well worth it!

Do you part own the White Horse Hotel in Echoland, or do you just get a commission for mentioning the White Horse Hotel in Echoland at every opportinity you can? It just seems that you are constantly mentioning the White Horse Hotel in Echoland.