Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
I think we need some more photos of the corridors and the lift buttons!

I think I might have missed those!
wink

Some dude or dudette posted a load last year without any of the rooms.
Originally Posted By: sunrise
buy the smaller sized (cheaper) ipod touch and you'll have wireless.

Actually, I wouldn't mind buying an iphone when I am in HK; the only trouble is that I don't have any contacts in HK anymore as I left there 13 years ago. I do know where to shop, but have heard some people ended up with fakes or copies which didn't work so well.
Originally Posted By: Valve Bounce

Actually, I wouldn't mind buying an iphone when I am in HK; the only trouble is that I don't have any contacts in HK anymore as I left there 13 years ago. I do know where to shop, but have heard some people ended up with fakes or copies which didn't work so well.

iPhone 4 is currently (since Oct.) not available from Apple in HK and in the shops you pay WELL above the Apple price (HK$~7000 vs. HK$4988). The chance to get fakes is slim though.

I bought an iPod Touch for my mobile WiFi use and I LOVE it. Only drawback, in China many hotel don't have WiFi and only Ethernet in the room, but a small RouterBridge can fix that (or Apples AirPort if you don't mind the US$~100)
Originally Posted By: Kraut_in_HongKong
Originally Posted By: Valve Bounce

iPhone 4 is currently (since Oct.) not available from Apple in HK and in the shops you pay WELL above the Apple price (HK$~7000 vs. HK$4988). The chance to get fakes is slim though.

I bought an iPod Touch for my mobile WiFi use and I LOVE it. Only drawback, in China many hotel don't have WiFi and only Ethernet in the room, but a small RouterBridge can fix that (or Apples AirPort if you don't mind the US$~100)

iPhone 4 is available in Melbourne - just saw some last week going around $800 to $900 )Oz depending on the megabites or whatever. Since I know nothing about these devices and only use my mobile to find out where my better half is after she is finished shopping, the iPhone seems way above what I really need a phone for.