I test drove one of those about 2 years ago when i hijacked one off a japanese guy. Pretty fun to have around when the resorts r closed, especially if u skate.

BTW thats the first one i've seen with a leash. the one i tried didn't have the metal edged mini ski on the bottom and it rode like a skateboard so i think it'd be pretty pointless to have a leash on it. Is it a possibility that u can carve on that little ski and that's why u have a leash?

The site that i pulled that from was advertising it to be used actually on the slopes, in the parks, rails and halfpipes and carving, looks pretty fun, the leg rope i gather is for carving. The ones i have seen in shops arent quite that big they were more a skate board size, and the ski under neath was a propotionaly (??) smaller than the board its self.

I gathered they were for more street skating in the winter?

seems its taking off as a new sport "snowstaking!"

Those snow skates have actually been banned from some of our resorts here in Australia! (in particular thredbo)

seems the ever happening fun police got a hold of the idea and decided that we werent allowed to use them any more, their reason being that you can injure someone if they get away from you (they musnt have had leashes attached to the decks in question).

call me paranoid but i think the real reason had more to do with the fact that you didnt have to buy a lift pass to use one ;\) therefore the guys that riding them were mucking around at the base of resorts building rails etc werent needing to buy a lift pass!! this was i guess taxing on the resorts income

fun spoilers suck

I have been put in my place by both Markie and enderzero...

Wait a minute...

Skateboard-type tricks on snow? Bollocks to that!!

As somebody who has had some unhappy times with skateboards, indeed been put off all board sports for longer than was necessary by skateboards, I find it slightly amusing that companies would try to make a snowboard more like a skateboard. But each to his own. I wouldn't mind trying it actually.

But I think more of this genius ought to be devoted to finding fun rides when there isn't any snow at all.