• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually called Pink Shark Pizza! And it is really really good! BTW, it snowed all night here in Goryu! Haven't been out to look at how many cms but it is still coming down like crazy right now!! Going to be a good day but I doubt I'll be taking my camera up on the hill because I don't want to get it wet!

Won´t blame you.

I spend a bit of time digging myself out. Never once I thought of taking a pic then.

When it´s happening, it´s hard to stop for pics.

Have fun to youz all out there!

Haven´t snowed for two weeks in Munich... Still waiting for my first day out for the new year,

It was a cracking WEEK, TJ!

I will endeavour to get some more photo's up when I get a moment, but our week in Hakuba saw us visit Happo, 47, Goryu, Iwatake and Cortina. Cortina and Iwatake were our favourites for sure, but that could well have been conditions rather than mountain.

We had more snow than any human being could track out, but we had a blast trying! The kids tried a snow scooter for the first time and LOVED it. And I dug myself out of my first full burial - INBOUNDS -it was not funny at the time, but it is hilarious now.

We were well looked after by the amazing team at White Horse, and made some great new friends in fellow guests. The family also truly embraced the Japan expereince with the kids ordering a 2nd serve of Basashi, Yuke, and Tofu in broth from the delightful Hie, and begging to go just one more time to eat Sumo Food from SumoTei.

Fantastic week! We have now just arrived in Niseko, caught up with son #2 and fellow students and so a new adventure begins - but as we are now up in Inaka country THAT story belongs in another thread wink

I would highly recommend Sumo Tei and Hie to visitors, and also Sara Gaku (although being the end of the long weekend they had run out of a lot of stuff the night we went there).

The kids were huge fans of the location of White Horse right there in Echoland. Restaurants galore down the street, pool tables/pinball machines and bee bee gun hire at ?Weather Report? just a short stroll away. And walking right by the hire place on the corner meant getting the idea for the snow scooter hire - it took a while to set up as the binding was broken, but I don't think I have ever seen something new hold thier attention over snowboarding for anywhere near that long before.

Definitely have to go back there are so many places I didn't get to being in Wadano.

Anyway found some photos from New Years Day.

Wasn't really in very good condition but managed to get a few good runs in.

seemore_25.JPG

seemore_23.JPG

seemore_21.JPG

And the Dam on the way down to Goryo.

seemore_26.JPG

Me and the View.

seemore_28.JPG

Seemore