• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: smostyn
We went to 47 and Goyru again today. Its been dumping snow all day today. Almost a case of fresh track on each run. When we got there this morning we seemed to be the only ones there at about 930am. There was powder up the top of Goyru up to above my knees. Its still snowing.

smostyn_16.JPG

Bear Family were there today as well...pretty awesome huh?!

Iwatake yesterday ... sunny, but we didnt take the camera...just got maybe one shot on my mobile.
Today - took the camera - never saw the light of day...too much fun to be had, and not the best visibility to be taking pictures.

Kids are VERY impressed with Hakuba, and it is only day two. biggrin
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Originally Posted By: smostyn
We went to 47 and Goyru again today. Its been dumping snow all day today. Almost a case of fresh track on each run. When we got there this morning we seemed to be the only ones there at about 930am. There was powder up the top of Goyru up to above my knees. Its still snowing.

smostyn_16.JPG

Iwatake yesterday ... sunny, but we didnt take the camera...just got maybe one shot on my mobile.
Today - took the camera - never saw the light of day...too much fun to be had, and not the best visibility to be taking pictures.

better not say that too loud.....they'll never be able to show their face in the Big N again!! wink

Glad you guys are having a ball....wish it was me!! sadface
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: Mamabear

better not say that too loud.....they'll never be able to show their face in the Big N again!! wink

Glad you guys are having a ball....wish it was me!! sadface

We most likely saw you yesterday too. You would have been one of the 60 or so other people that was out there smile

It was. We went to Iwatake again today, I think that is our favourite resort. Hardly any other people and only encountered a queue at the gondola around 11 am but that was only a wait of about 2-3 minutes, maybe. Today was our last day in Hakuba skiing. We are headed home tomorrow, back to the Gold Coast. Please keep the photos up.

smostyn_18.JPG

smostyn_17.JPG

smostyn_20.JPG

I couldn't resist showing you folks this one too. It just may be my favourite photo of the trip.

smostyn_19.JPG

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
No worries. There are shuttles to all of the resorts. Some are direct shuttles but others need a connection. To get to Cortina from Echoland takes forever by shuttle bus apparently!

if you get the direct bus from Happo bus terminal then not as bad....but yes it does take a long time.

Hey Roscoe

Direct bus leaves for Tsugaike via Iwatake approx every 90 minuts to 2 hours starting at 8:30 from Happo info centre takes approx 20 minutes.

Bus to Cortina leaves from same area but takes a bit longer and doesn't run as often.

Great Trees at the top of Tsugaike definitely worth the trip.

And they have KFC on the mountain.

Seemore

Originally Posted By: seemore
Great Trees at the top of Tsugaike definitely worth the trip.
And they have KFC on the mountain.

Seemore

GREAT! Kids Fattening Corporation!

We've ticked of Iwatake, 47, and now 2 days (well 1 and a half - bear cub #4 needed a slow day today) at Happo.
Laptop we brought is a bit defective, so the photo's (what little we have!) from the decent camera will have to wait until I get home.

I managed a workaround on the laptop, quite labor intensive, so will not upload a lot till I get home and it is easier to manipulate, but here are a few from Happo, yesterday, of the littlest bear club. He is 11.

Mamabear_80.JPG

Mamabear_81.JPG

Mamabear_84.JPG

Mamabear_82.JPG

Mamabear_83.JPG

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Good to see him in a helmet MB. Snow looks good. Snowing there now?

No Helmet No Play.
Saved him from a bump from an aggressive safety bar on a chair at Iwatake a few days ago. lol

Been steadily snowing all day - should be ACE out there tomorrow. I am running a temperature so have put myself to bed early - I am not missing tomorrow - not for anything~!

Thanks for the info team. wont go to cortina but will have to give the other one's a shot.Mind you had a friend stay at cortina couple of years back he loved it banner