yes..it seems very popular in japan...

I won't guess a ratio though...

personally, I think they are pretty stupid...I'd rather be tank comanding... ;\)

as 1-dimensional as a piece of snow-equipment can get...funny thing is, I've seen people try to take them into powder, steeps, etc...it is just miserable watching them go down...

danz

snowlerblading??? ah man. I am so surprised by how popular it is here. At home you see one or two people doing it and always get a good chuckle, but here it is everywhere.

Although they got the idea from that hilarious skier with the snowlerblades, snow disc and bottle of Jack, Jussi Oksanen and Dave Benedek do a great snowlerblading expose on the end of the Optigrab video (or was it Afterbang?). Super funny - plus they bust huge tricks off big jumps.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Erm, what exactly is it?
well my young liverpoodlian they're those teeny weeny "mini Me" skiis. You know the ones with people use with no poles?
Also Snowblade is a Trademark of Salomon. so they are mostly called fun skiis, in Japan

SAL0232.jpg

Yo Ender that sequence is on the end of Optigrab (most excellent video).

I have absolutely no respect for snowbaders/funskiiers because it means you can not ride powder I mean, whats the point of missing out on any powder runs. The only place snow blades are marginally ok is in the park and pipe but still... I think they look naff

It seems every "real" skier I know outwardly hates funskiers for their inability to ride pow or big mountain stuff.... but those things are everywhere at japanese resorts. I've seen people do some pretty cool stuff in parks with them tho.

i guess for those comfortable being elitest about things (and im not saying this isnt a defendable position) they could seem pointless. but i think the point of fun skis has something to do with fun. and ive seen many a punter larking around on them. i know they lack cred, and they aint my cup o' tea, but for people who only come out 2 or 3 times a season (and clutter up the slopes) which we must admit is common in Japan, fun skis certainly have their niche.