well its crap. the runs are short and patrol are nazis. the best runs are closed( trees) and if it snows all of Hiroshima ken go skiing on a run it takes about a minute to get down - I love the place!

Talisker - have you skiied Mizuho, 5 mins across the border in Shimane? Not exactly Hakuba or Niseko BUT some fine sliding can be had there. Short courses? The shortest there is about 1km, longest 3.6km - Herminator couldn't scratch that in 1 min. And there's plenty of variation and levels in between. This year nearing April and they still have well over 2m @ the top and 1 - 1.6m elsewhere. Also I've had a good blast at Osorakan. You could do worse. We can't all surf Cactus. \:D

snobee- Osorakan is the best quality snow. Kokusai offers a bit more variety than Mizuho Mizuho is right on the expressway so it gets a lot more people. Also, when I skied at Kokusai, a lot of friends bought individual tickets but only gave them up when they were asked - usually skied free all day!

Kokusai was my backyard so I always went there - Mizuho was too far away. Kokusai sucks but it was where I leazrned my trade sigh....