....and 5'3" Petite. Into all mountain freeride. And were going to buy a snowboard, what would you get?

I don't have a clue about ladies boards and want to suprise the lady (Yet 100% decided if this is a good idea, as I could get it wrong)

Friend of mine fits that description...and I helped her pick out her first board in Tokyo in January - for the life of me I can't recall exactly which one she ended up with...but I am pretty sure it was a flat camber K2 -Fling??? maybe. Will follow up and see - but she loves it. Much less edge catching that the hired camber boards she used prior.

I am a bit taller, and not petite at all - and ride camber (had my fair share of catching edges early on though).

K2 Luna, and a slightly longer Burton Troop.

But the K2 Va va voom (rocker) is on the shopping list.

I really like K2.

I wanted the Va Va Voom in January, but the Japanese sales guy was horrified - and really pushed the Camber. Not having ridden rocker I was easily swayed. I needed a longer board for Japan, and the Troop certainly helped in the POW, but a rocker or even longer cambered board would have been better I think.

I need to learn to stand up for myself!

I might be 40+ but I aint dead yet and I reckon I could rock the Va Va Voom!

My missus s 5'6'' 55kg. She rides a Rome. Her old board was a Nidecker 146 but now rides a 151. We like this board. It does everything well, and it's very light. She like that (and for some people that matters) but for me board weight doesn't matter much.

Only thing is I end up doing a lot of edge and p-tex work on this Rome. It's high maintenance compared to a carbon base, rubber sidewalled (which can take a lot of hits )

But these boards are more expensive.

So, What I would recommend depends on

How much she wants to spend. Average to High end boards seems better.

Is board weight an issue?

Does she like girly graphics? I think there are no such thing as femboards, it's just graphics. Marketing.

How is her snowboarding and what does she want to do ? CamRocker is the go, by the looks of it.

Thanks for the info Jnyxx

Originally Posted By: Jynxx

How much she wants to spend. Average to High end boards seems better

Definitely looking at the midd-higher end.

Does she like girly graphics? I think there are no such thing as femboards, it's just graphics. Marketing.

She would prefer something a little girl.

How is her snowboarding and what does she want to do ? CamRocker is the go, by the looks of it.

She is a good very boarder. 5 seasons worth of mountain time. Mostly into all mountain free ride with the odd bit of jibbing.

I agree a CamRocker looks spot on.

Is there a female equiv of the Lib Tech Dark Series C2 DTX?

Shneeboard, we can all agree that in the end it becomes personal choice, the feel factor, X-factor, etc .. So I guess you want info so you might have overlooked some boards.

In the beginning when I started, I was convinced that the flex and sidecurve will influence my progress, and I had a hard time looking for bpards that will put my weight in the middle of the recommended weight range.(Me being light weight). Now that is not so much of an issue and i see that your gal is in a similar situation, she can prolly handle boards on the stiffer side. Certainly the Lib Tech Darkies are on the stiff side, no?

I reckon the Lib tech has a feel of its own so I don't know if there is an equivalent.

But ...have you checked out

Battalion Riot ?

Smokin has some interesting ones. 3 years warranty sounds good.

Ride OMG

Depending on your budget, try the Sierra V Spot from SS... It's based on the Burton Social. My friend got one of the sierra mens boards and it was well made and half the price of the board that it's based off.

I have a GNU board and I love it, its banana, so light and so fast, I never have to get off and walk on cat tracks and also has a really fun graphic.

I am also 5'5 but I wouldn't say petite and I have a 151, its an awesome board and would recommence to anyone.

Cant get my photo to work...

If you want tp look Google this "b nice gnu btx" and its the one with animals and an orange base. smile

Originally Posted By: Schneebored
Is there a female equiv of the Lib Tech Dark Series C2 DTX?

Since Lib Tech is a Mervin Manufacturing brand along with Gnu, take a look at their female-rider-oriented Roxy line. They might have something that would work, and the construction and technology would be similar.
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Friend of mine fits that description...and I helped her pick out her first board in Tokyo in January - for the life of me I can't recall exactly which one she ended up with...but I am pretty sure it was a flat camber K2 -Fling??? maybe. Will follow up and see - but she loves it. Much less edge catching that the hired camber boards she used prior.

Nup... it was the K2 Moment - catch free rocker.
http://k2snowboarding.com/snowboards/moment
Had a chat with her about it (her initiation) this weekend.
She had been riding for just 6 months at the time we went shopping together, and had no idea what she was looking for. I had done a fair bit of research by this stage and talked her through the different cambers and styles of bindings etc - and she eventually settled on the K2 Moment with K2 Cinch bindings. She has now been riding for just over a year - and her form is excellent! She and I were putting in a fairly solid effort on the boarder cross track over the weekend and she said over and over again "I love this board". So you could do a lot worse than taking a look at the K2 Moment.

Cheers for the info Mamabear. Spent a large proportion of the weekend interweb researching. Looks like it is between a K2 and Rome set up. I am looking at rockers myself, so trying to encourage the lady to take the leap...but she seems set in her standard camber ways.

Schneebored,

After leaning to rocker for my 2nd and buying another standard camber, and hooking my friend up with rocker - (and my kids!) - I am gutted I didn't go rocker.

Nothing another $700 or so wont fix ... but did I really need two standard camber boards... and do I need to have two of them sitting around in my Perth garage...

That´s why it's good to buy snowboards by use.

We have a twin tip centre stace 151. directional 151 and 157. All camber. We swap them around. Would like to add a couple more arsenals (for powder) with Rocker in the tip. Also some splitboards. So 4 more boards will be nice.

I had 120 cm, 160cm, and 197cm when I used to ski.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
To answer the question, I would look at myself in the mirror a lot and give myself lots of massages.

lol
I was waiting for someone to do this. lol
Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
I had to sit on my hands to keep from typing something of that nature and have this thread degenerate into innuendo chaos!

A board has now been purchased. FYI its a Ride Promise 151.

So please let the 'innuendo chaos' ensue!!!