Am I the only person here who.......

Nope, you are not the only one.

I've been doing that for a long time. Over 30 years

Bend knees slightly, and lean into corners (when the bus turns)

I fell asleep a few times on Japanese trains standing....

Also great way to train your toe sensation (sensitivity) and it helps when you are sliding and can't see (caught by surprise) and hit a bump or something. Reflex action.

Hats of to you Jynxx!

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
...who rides the bus [fullstop]

Nothing wrong with the bus (imo). It is my $2 taxi which doesnt get my driving licence taken away when I get on it wasted.

tis Ok Schneebored ... nothing against the bus ... it is just that it has been a long time since I rode one! I do however take the train occasionally and that can also require a balancing act.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
tis Ok Schneebored ... nothing against the bus ... it is just that it has been a long time since I rode one! I do however take the train occasionally and that can also require a balancing act.

I do have to concede that the buses/trains in my current location (same as you Mamabear) are a little shoddy and full of weirdos!.... A friend was recently travelling on a bus, when the driver has to stop and call the police because a group of 13 year old girls were starting fights and trying to smash windows....shouldnt they be at home playing with dolls?

OMG GIRLS?! That is terrible.

My #2 did find a new use for the train service the other day ... which is kind of an extension of your 'tube surfing' idea Schneebored.

He found that the path alongside the train from our local stop to the next is downhill enough for him to ride his long skateboard all the way. But the long walk back uphill was not appealing to him - so he caught the train back. Ended up doing it all day! He reckons it is just like a ski lift! lol

If I ever get to Perth, I will hook up with #2.

I have been checking out the train window too see if I can find something like that for the same reason. Looking for that long downhill. I can get a full day train ticket here so I reckon, way to go!

Bus are tops. I have coined the term in 1990, now standard Northern Beaches English

"Sus as a bus"

On the contrary, I have pleasant memories, too.

Bus has a social scene. The drivers get to know you. I had drivers giving me a lift on the out-of-service bus, on the way back to the depot. People starts talking to you. You see lots of things happening.

I had an old lady serenade me with poetry. I can see she was a babe in her days. She said to me " Not many people throw back the ball when I throw them one these days"

One lady got talking to me where the best clubs (as in RSL, etc) to go on each day of the week. The meals and deals.

Of course you have occasional idiots, drunken teens, smashed windows and you get showered with glass, but that's once in a blue moon.