Anyone heading out this weekend. I'm thinking of doing a day trip to Myoko on Sunday... (if the forecast holds out)... might be kind of mental going all the way from Shizuoka but I'm too busy these days to put in any more time. Anyone else?

My friends and I have a trip booked to Hakuba. Forecast isnt looking too promising to be honest - maybe a bit of snow friday and into saturday morning if we're lucky. Last year I remember going to Hakuba in March - little, if any snow in the forecast, and in the village, its snowed about 5 cm. However, up at the top of 47, about 40 cms of snow had fallen overnight! Lovely conditions!

Hope something similar happens this weekend......

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Anyone heading out this weekend. I'm thinking of doing a day trip to Myoko on Sunday... (if the forecast holds out)... might be kind of mental going all the way from Shizuoka but I'm too busy these days to put in any more time. Anyone else?

That is mental buddy....you're a madman. We backed out of going to Hakuba this weekend for hopes and the gamble of hitting better conditions in the next few weeks. Was up at Yeti last night....beats sitting around watching figure skating...albeit barely. Have a good one and be safe with the driving.
Originally Posted By: Chriselle
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain

That is mental buddy....you're a madman. We backed out of going to Hakuba this weekend for hopes and the gamble of hitting better conditions in the next few weeks. Was up at Yeti last night....beats sitting around watching figure skating...albeit barely. Have a good one and be safe with the driving.

Better conditions? Not likely. Have you seen how much rain is coming to Honshu next week? Hell, it might even hit Hokkaido. Highs around 8 degrees = crap snow pack...not looking good.
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Take any pics to upload Chriselle?
Lets nighta photo.
I used to do lots of nighta but haven't been for ages.

Ya know man, I have a pretty good camera...D80/vr18-200G...that I always take with me but when I hit the slopes I just hate taking the time to take photos. I don't know how you do it. Next time I go I'll break it out...promise.

CreekBoy, Ya, I'm just seeing it was a bad gamble...warming up significantly.
Lets nighta photo.

Ya know man, I have a pretty good camera...D80/vr18-200G...that I always take with me but when I hit the slopes I just hate taking the time to take photos. I don't know how you do it. Next time I go I'll break it out...promise.

Got the exact same camera as you...love that setup, but wish I had the D300...

Will be in Hakuba this weekend party Leaving in 2 hours!
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Lets nighta photo.

Got the exact same camera as you...love that setup, but wish I had the D300...

Will be in Hakuba this weekend party Leaving in 2 hours!

I kinda wish I got the 300 as well. It's a great lens though. How about an accurate Hakuba update...preferably without the word "bottomless" in it. party