• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on the rules this season.

The judges have a once in a season "save" to keep the singer voted off. Exercise as last resort to keep th show from tanking.

AND the best thing is: the next vote has to kill 2. Nice thumbsup

Dunno, don't remember Matt. But seriously not remembering saves last season.

But I change my mind about no stand outs. I think 2 girls are standing out. And without taking their kit off; I particularly like the unique one. wink

He was forgettable - but there definitely was a "save" vote from the judges last season.

The unique one - you mean the one that looks a bit scary when she sings the big notes or the one with dreads?

April last year:

When Matt Giraud finally gets sent home from “American Idol,†he won’t be able to say he didn’t get every chance in the world to stick around.

Matt didn’t make it out of his semifinal heat, but was bailed out by being made a judges' wild-card choice. When he needed a break for a second time on April 15, the friendly foursome obliged by making him the recipient of the first-ever Judges’ Save.

That means that Matt gets to come back next week, and that two singers will be kicked off on April 22 instead of one. It also means that from here on out, the lowest vote-getters are out of luck, since the save is a one-time-only lifeline. Bet the producers are hoping favorites Adam Lambert and Danny Gokey don’t wind up on the chopping block next week

Originally Posted By: veronica
He was forgettable - but there definitely was a "save" vote from the judges last season.

The unique one - you mean the one that looks a bit scary when she sings the big notes or the one with dreads?

The unique one. She's..... weird.

gg mentioned this somewhere else but Adam's is actually pretty decent. A few songs I really like, Broken Open in particular. And I think he actually co-wrote that. Though I don't think he uses his voice as much as he can.

He is by far the best thing Idol has ever discovered if you ask me.

Adam, Clarkson and perhaps Underwood too. None of the others come to mind, though there's a Daultrey CD cluttering my stuff somewhere.

David Cook, what's happened to him?

Soul Patrol Hicks? ditto

Reuben? Nice sandwich

Adam was really authoritative tonight. Stood head and shoulders above the finalists. Spoke like a real veteran. Ace performance by Adam.

As a note of slight interest, I thought they all sucked tonight. Nobody can do Elvis like Elvis.

if I remember correctly,

Billboard number ones - Myley Cyrus (crap)

Rhythm n blues - Usher

Lennon McCartney - Paul making a vid appearence, forgotten who the mentor was

Elvis - Adam Lambert

Quote:
No doubt fans would love to see Adam Lambert return to American Idol after the fantastic job he did as a mentor and his brilliant performance. A new report however indicates that the singer may join the show as a judge. That is the rumor being reported at this time -- that Lambert could replace Simon Cowell.

Hollyscoop reports: "Producers were totally bowled over by Adam’s on-target critiques and pithy comments."

“They believe he’ll bring a fearless, youthful freshness to the show. And let’s not forget, Glambert’s got real stage presence.â€

No, No, No!!!