OK so I innocently go onto BBC to read the news and there in front of me was the name of the winner along with photo. doh

Actually I am quite surprised who won it.

But it's really very annoying how Japan takes a full month to get there.

We're still top 5.

So it has spoilt it for me ---- not that I was getting real excited anyway, but.....

sadface

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click to reveal..
A finale which was more about Simon than who the new Idol would be. And rightly so given the bunch this year.

Getting almost all the past Idols together was a good move. Shame some dead artists were resurected though.

Papers here speculating no more AI next season, hence the mega star appearances from Idols past. But being Fox's number one show, that would be hard to believe.

No word from Simon 'bout his replacement, but could see that Paula might play a part in his X factor USA.

Yes he is definitely missing a brain and any accompanying character and charisma.

I would think the final will be Smelly Woman vs that blonde dude.

Big Mike seems destined to go next.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Quote:
Ellen DeGeneres has decided to bow out from her role as a judge on American Idol next season. Ellen served as a judge during the ninth season of Idol, the No. 1 hit series on television.

“A couple months ago, I let FOX and the American Idol producers know that this didn’t feel like the right fit for me,†said Ellen. “I told them I wouldn’t leave them in a bind and that I would hold off on doing anything until they were able to figure out where they wanted to take the panel next. It was a difficult decision to make, but my work schedule became more than I bargained for. I also realized this season that while I love discovering, supporting and nurturing young talent, it was hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feelings. I loved the experience working on Idol and I am very grateful for the year I had. I am a huge fan of the show and will continue to be.â€

She went from bad to worse as it went on anyway.

I was never aware that Ellen DeGeneres had any musical Talent, knowledge or experience. For that matter does she actually have any valid experience in the entertainment industry?

I now I hear she wants to sign artists to her own record label?

I value my mother's musical opinion more than hers, and my mum has all Jimmy Nails albums!!!!!

And that Kara lady has been sacked, my American news source tells me.

With Jennifer Lopez and Stephen Tyler to be the 2 new judges.

Not sure why I'm posting this because I really don't give a toss!

lol

• 1 month later...

Superstar singer and actor Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler were today named as the new judges for American Idol, America's top-rated television show, ending months of speculation over who would fill the empty seat of acid-mouthed Simon Cowell.

Lopez and Tyler will join Randy Jackson for American Idol's tenth season, with the judging panel shrunk to three members following the departure of Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi

The announcement may have come as little surprise to the show's fans, since Lopez and Tyler were repeatedly touted as joining the judging panel. But reports that Lopez was insisting on holding out for a bigger deal were denied at the first appearance by the new judges today in California.