• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dear. You hate me because of your pre-conceived idea of what a chink is based on your very limited channel of exposure.

You know nothing about individualism but hold a hatred from your limited exposure and tag it on a whole race.

Oh dear.

I base anything I think of you on what you post on here. What else have I got to base my opinion on?

Every time anything about human rights in China is posted on these forums you go out of your way to make fun of those participating in the thread.

• SnowJapan Admin

Look guys, could we please cool it down a bit with the personal stuff, you can always use PMs if you want to continue on that path.

Would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Whatever, I did say that if I truly expressed what I feel for this fool then I would most likely be banned. Closing the thread is probably best otherwise I just won't be able to help myself.

thursday has got what he wants anyway. Closing down another thread about human rights in China.

• SnowJapan Admin

Certainly don't want to close a thread GN (and can't recall doing that before!)

It is extremely rare that we close a thread.

I think there have been about 4 in 7 years!

friend

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Whatever, I did say that if I truly expressed what I feel for this fool then I would most likely be banned. Closing the thread is probably best otherwise I just won't be able to help myself.

thursday has got what he wants anyway. Closing down another thread about human rights in China.

what??? how did you come up with that?

All I ask is that you not try and devalue the views and values expressed by others. You're the one who made the comment 'oops, wandered into this useless thread' just after I had posted about a nun who was raped, tortured and kept in prison for 19 years for nothing more than expressing her views.

That sort of comment is uncalled for and I am angry at you for this not because I am racist. To debase such a horrific event shows a callous disregard that should be beneath you.

Back on topic -

find it strange that google are complaining about their results need to be censored, considering that when they went into China in '06, they knew that they would have to do it.

Originally Posted By: thursday
that sheet happens anywhere and everywhere. How can it be substantiated as something that really happened to said victim and not something that is sensationalized for the sake of sympathy?

She told me the story herself. Hers is only one of many I have heard first hand from Tibetans over the years. There are thousands of such stories. It's not exactly a well kept secret that there have been terrible human rights abuses in Tibet since the invasion in 1950. This not only included abuses to individuals but the destruction of nearly 6000 monasteries, schools, temples and shrines during the Cultural Revolution. There is virtually no family in Tibet that hasn't had a member of their family killed or imprisoned by the Chinese. The monks and nuns in Tibet took a leading role in voicing concerns over human rights because they didn't have children and felt it better they be killed or imprisoned rather than those with families. The Chinese authorities recognised this and the strong role the clergy had in Tibetan society so they were particularly brutal in their treatment of them with incredibly long sentences for minor things and torture and rape was used to attempt to break their spirit and serve as a lesson for others.

Anyway you don't really care about the plight of the Tibetan people thursday so lets just leave it at that.
Originally Posted By: Go Native
All I ask is that you not try and devalue the views and values expressed by others. You're the one who made the comment 'oops, wandered into this useless thread' just after I had posted about a nun who was raped, tortured and kept in prison for 19 years for nothing more than expressing her views.
That sort of comment is uncalled for and I am angry at you for this not because I am racist. To debase such a horrific event shows a callous disregard that should be beneath you.

That aint true either is it? Look on the trail of posts.

This is what irks me

Quote:
The indifference to the whole issue by Chinese like thursday frankly makes me sick.

Settle down boys!

Thurs- For reasons which I don't understand you are sometimes guilty of making light of threads that other people take seriously. Surely you can come up with a constructive informative view rather than some one liners that really aren't that funny.

GN- Just because thurs doesn't feel as passionate about a subject as you, I don't think he needs to be singled out and keel hauled for it.

Back on topic

Google bent over backward to crack into the Chinese market in 06. Surely they knew back then that one day it would bite them on the arse.

Of course that is a horrible story GN and in China there have been and still are major abuses of human rights but Thurs has got a point that it is prevalent in other soceties and not just China. You could quote a million such instances throughout time of these things happening all through "civillisation". You obviously feel very strongly about it and Thursday does not. A good arguement is healthy but lets not get personal.

TB,

I see people who can't discuss things on this forum and obviously it's not going to change like the stuffed up world out there. I myself is partially like that.

But how can one insist when they don't change themselves? One doesn't have to like it, but unless you accept things, one is not going to understand the other, and the healthy understanding is that probably we don't understand anyway, hence nothing changes. Then it is clear to me that we don't have to understand it all, like it or not, but to accept.

IMO if you are going to add to the problem, stay put.

GN and thursday is part of this forum scene whether people like you or not, and we accept that and I think you guys are unique. Why can't you show that courtesy to each other.

Best wishes guys.

Jynxx if anyone can understand that dribble I would be very surprised.

I don't understand why people can't accept that some issues will become personal. The issue surrounding Tibet is a very personal one for me that's for sure.

I also don't understand why we always have to be courteous. If it gets out of hand and beyond the rules and guidelines of the forum then the forum moderators can step in. If the rest of you don't like it then you don't have to continue reading the thread or be part of it. Simple as that. But I'm certainly not going to hold back on issues I am passionate about just because some of you get offended.