Japan's "grass eaters" - herbivorous boy

I found this quite interesting. I suppose it leaves all the more rampant totty for the, er, meat eaters. evilgrin

Quote:
Japan's 'grass eaters' turn their backs on macho waysYuki Sakurai and thousands like him have cast off the traditional image of the company salaryman

As the twee cafes and boutiques in this quiet corner of Tokyo's Marunouchi business district fill with groups of "office ladies", it is easy to see how out of place Yuki Sakurai would look in the company of the blue-suited salarymen grabbing a quick noodle lunch beneath the nearby railway tracks.

For one thing, the 28-year-old business consultant is impeccably turned out, from his perfectly knotted striped tie to his scuff-free brown leather shoes, bought after a champagne breakfast with some female friends.

He is patience personified when passers-by do a double take while he poses for the Observer's photographer. When I ask him when he decided to become an unrepentant "grass eater", he doesn't flinch. It is not an unkind reference to his diet. Sakurai is a proud member of a new tribe of Japanese men who have eschewed traditional notions of masculinity and adopted a gentler, more "feminine" persona.

He is a soshokukei danshi – herbivorous boy – a term coined two years ago by the commentator Maki Fukasawa to describe the proliferation of men who, in appearance and attitude, bear little resemblance to the two dominant Japanese male groups of the past century: soldiers and their peacetime offspring, corporate warriors.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/dec/27/japan-grass-eaters-salaryman-macho

Bloody ponces!

My girlfriend was telling me about this a while ago. The old saying was 'carnivorous guys' (è‚‰é£Ÿç”·å­ or something like that to explain 'macho', but now the 'herbvacious' term has come to explain guys that aren't really interested in girls or other 'manly' aspects of trad. japanese culture.

It was kind of a joke, because when my friend first introduced me to my girlfriend, she said 'Oyuki is a 'è‰é£Ÿç”·å­ ' (a joke because i'm vegetarian) but loves sex."

Metrosexual....Herbivorous Guy......= Nancy Boys smile

Boys don't need make up or feelings, we just need red meat, beer, football (add in anglo-colony specific sport) and women with big breasts and quiet mouths!! smile