Pics from Metabo Oyaji and Squirmy Kid's trip to Gran Deco yesterday.

Are we there yet? Somewhere on the Ban-Etsu:

Metabo%20Oyaji_15.JPG

View from the gondola:

Metabo%20Oyaji_17.JPG

Mr. and Mrs. Santa. Nice couple, handed out candy in the lift line. Didn't ask permission to post on web, so Mrs. Santa's face is obscured:

Metabo%20Oyaji_16.JPG

Lower Mint Course. I like this course for the trees -- reminds me of skiing as a kid.

Metabo%20Oyaji_20.JPG

Squirmy Kid hitting the powder at the edges of the piste:

Metabo%20Oyaji_22.JPG

Background: #1 Quad lift and Center 33 Course, which is the 33-degree mogully centerpiece of the base area. Proud moment when Squirmy Kid managed to ski it, twice, without falling. (Big progress from last year's experience of wailing and oshiri-suberi.)

Foreground: SJ-stickered helmet, and string cheese.

Metabo%20Oyaji_23.JPG

Gallery

I like that course as well Metabo, the one with the trees on it. Its great at the top, when you come over the lip, zipping around the trees. Especially when you are the first one down and only 1 of 2 people on the run!!

Thanks Metabo Oyaji!

How old is Squirmy kid? Looks like a little precious smile

I love the look of that Mint Course - big wide spaces between the tree's for lovely sweeping turns - joy!

Have you uploaded the string cheese pic to the Cheese at Resorts page? Well done for remembering! You've reminded me to take some cheese out for a board wink

Thanks for comments, all.

MB: Oops, forgot to link to Cheeseman's thread. Thanks for the reminder. Will rectify.

Muika: I would not call it a large resort. Reasonably deep (~3 km?), but not very wide, though that is disguised a bit by the way the runs snake around and through each other. The treed runs are mostly in the top 1/3 of the vertical. Fantastic views from the top of the #3 quad if you get a clear day, by the way.

Pezby: You'll have to ask the site administrators. My stickers came as an extra when I won a giveaway ticket.

Joshnii: Don't worry, I seem to eat and drink enough when not skiing to maintain my figure with ease.

Originally Posted By: thursday
Have you got a huge crash helmet?

Yes, it's for my belly.

Quote:
that sticker is 10cm x 10cm.

Actually, the sticker sheet I got had one large one and two smaller ones on it. That's one of the smaller ones.