• 2 weeks later...

Just read the your article and it was very good. I must say hough that orange is not a bad colour. I have an Orange Arcteryx jacket and for backcountry and general outdoors usage it is rather practical. I would rather stand out from the environment than blend in but I always say function before fashion.

It was also interesting to read how many of the higher ups are trying to rid the mountain of snowboarders. The resorts would lose more buisiness as families with snowboarding members will choose to book with more friendly locations.

As for snowboaders outnumbering skiers I definetly have to disagree on that. In NA at least all the mountains I go to skiers outnumber snowboarders by far. Maybe different in Japan though.

Very good article though.

Many thanks for the comments!

I don't think that the Management want to rid the mountain of snowboarders (although some of them might) - but I think they're still refusing to see what a state their industry would be in without them. And they're still failing to cash in, to everybody's benefit. The Ski Kingdom thing is a perfect example (almost too perfect - I can still hardly believe it. Recent news articles suggest that it has failed to bring in new customers, and they're wondering why...)

Another couple of articles coming up soon...