Decided about monday I was gonna go to Kazawa this weekend, and come this morning I walk outside to massive raining (north Saitama) and upon arriving at school I checked the webcams up at the ski-jo and it's not just blizzarding, and heavenly white geri blast is being unleashed!!! So pumped!!!

Anyone else in the north Kanto region gonna be out? I vouch it's definitely a worth-while place to visit!

Cams are on the front page

http://www.kazawa.com/snow/index.html

SJ#4 edit: Edited link to webcams, hopefully added to our site soon

looks all good!

Do you use public transport to get there or drive.

I'm very keen to check it out on a Thur / Fri (my days off wok)but don't have access to a car (live in Tokyo). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

have un!

It was an amazing day considering how weather everywhere else had been. The whole mountain (including the drive up) was caked in 30-60cm and all along the trails was 60cm or so deep powder. There was a 4:1 ratio skiers to boarders, but ironically enough my buddy and I went the whole day without incident and only once did we ever have to wait for more than a couple minutes to ride the lifts. There were only two park items out (1m tall box and a barrel) but the runs were plenty wide and you had to look very very hard to find any grass even.

Unfortunately, it started getting warmer as the day went on so if that pattern progresses I see them loosing a lot of mass over the next day or so, but either way they already have a good base and it's a fun place worth checking out for sure!

And besides, it was refreshing me and my buddy were the only 2 foreigners in the entire place! haha