The crowing about your end-of-season gear deals thread

I just rounded out my full gear renewal, all done at end-of-season blowout prices.

First there was the $90 Flow bindings bought with Mogski's approval in Utah.

Then there were the Burton Ruler boots got for about $100.

And finally, a Salomon Fastback board for $270!!

Not bad, not bad!! Sure this is an expensive hobby, but you can get a full kit at 40% to 50% discounts if you buy at the end of the season.

My sister picked up a Salomon Ivy board for $198 online just last week.

My wife got Burton Rulers too, for only $68! Her board is fine for next year, but I will be trying to chase down some Flows for her, too.

I sure do love shopping!!

Anyone else get super-great end-of-season deals that they feel like crowing about?

\:D

I swooped down on Alpen hoping to clean up, but they had done so already - there was a load of camping gear and swimming costumes where the snowboarding stuff was supposed to be.

Hello-o?! This is Nagano. It's a bit bloody cold for swimming yet...

The tiger and I went down to Jimbocho last week and checked out the shops. I was pleasantly surprised to see a bunch of next years gear for me to drool over as well as just about every product catalog out there.

...maybe I do need something new...

Hey _freak

I just Google what I want, then work the search results until I find the best deal...

I have no store loyalty at all.

I did notice that many of the places I scoped out will ship internationally, though of course you have to pay a bit more for the shipping component, and may get hit with import duty.

You looking for anything in particular?

Hey BM,

Thanks for the reply.

Not really after anything in particular. I half want to get a new pair of bindings and a Flow board as well. However, I can get Flow gear for cost price plus a little bit. The only annoying thing is that Flow and other companies tend not to release their whole range of gear over here, and if they do it can be hard to track down.

But I'm always on the prowl to buy snowboarding stuff, damn impulse buying....... \:\)

_freak,

I am on the prowl for the last thing we need to buy at this end-of-the-year stage: Flow bindings for my wife. She's wanting the stiffest possible, which are the Pro-C BX, or the FL-11 FR.

All the online shops I checked are out of stock, so tomorrow I am calling the US distributor office (in Canada, oddly enough) to see what I can track down.

Shopping and sleuthing are kinda fun, but I sure hope we find what we are looking for.

Why are you wanting a Flow board? To be honest, I have wondered what those boards are like. I've heard nothing at all about them, good or bad...

Are you using their bindings too?

How do ya get Flow stuff at cost?!

I just really like the look of the Flow boards. I've only managed to find a couple of reviews of them and so far they are very positive.

Yes i am using their bindings. I want to get the Pro-C FR bindings.

I get my Flow gear for cost plus a little bit because my girl's brother owns a snowboard shop who distributes Flow.

\:D

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freak:
I get my Flow gear for cost plus a little bit because my girl's brother owns a snowboard shop who distributes Flow.
I thought it was for sure because you convinced the company you were a very influential member of a snowboarding internet forum and you would forever preach the ways of Flow to the masses looking for new gear. \:D

Isn't that how you got your Mac? \:D :p

Today I scored a pair of once-used Yukon Charlie's Kodiak snowshoes (and a shovel) for Y5,000 (value Y15-20,000). Yeee-ha! These are big mfking snowshoes for a big person hoicking a big board.