Trivial (or not) irritations [2009/2010]

OK new thread. Couldn't find the old one and perhaps time for a new one.

I'll start.

When Japanese people explain off the rude or crappy behaviour of another Japanese person with the well worn "Nihonin wa...." - when it has absolutely nothing to do with their Japaneseness. I know some people who when talking to me will auto-pilot into that comment and I just want to clip them around the ears when I hear it.

grandpa

This is probably a good thread to post this.

OK so yesterday I was in Tokyo and we went on the Thunder Dolphin coaster near Tokyo Dome.

Scenario - hardly anyone around. In fact, one time we got off the coaster, walked down the stairs, round through the exit then back up the stairs to get on the next one ---- no people... we were the only ones on the thing. Guess what though, we HAD to get off and walk round. They wouldn't let us just sit there and ride again, even though there was absolutely no-one around.

Other crazy thing was we needed to take out EVERYTHING from our pockets, and put them in a locker. Everything. And we had to go through that routine as well every time we went on it, even if we were getting off walking round and getting on the very next train.

Organisation is good but it just seemed rather ridiculous having to do all that in the circumstances!

Oh and another thing. Even though there was hardly anyone around, one time they didn't let us sit on the back of the coaster because it wasn't fair if anyone else turned up and wanted to go there. Even when no-one turned up and wanted to go there!

Then when a few people did turn up - but far from busy - they started saying you needed to go in the next available seat.

That silly adherence to 'procedures' can be SO frustrating.

r45 - AGREED! - some people are just A$$es - let's stop blaming their nationality, religion, disability etc - and call it as it is.

For me - today - my trivial irritation is that my 10 yr old cried wolf on a tummy ache to stay home and get under foot all day. Meaning I missed the gym - meaning my endorphins are running low and I am feeling rather flat energywise today.

Because DS, when you've been coming to this forum for a few years, as you well know, to see the same threads, year in, year out, ie "where in Tokyo can I buy XXXXX?", it just seems a bit lazy.

That's why search engines were invented. Imagine if the internet was full of pages of the same information repeated over and over, would waster server space and access time. It's only a trivial irritation, as people say, you don't have to reply to every thread.

Sometimes a thread cannot be found. (And yes congratulations on beging fab if you can). I can't remember more than 1 thread called trivial irriations before. Anyhow I changed the title and gave it an updated remix.