Narita to Haneda Transfer Options for travelling with skis

Originally Posted By: mockkie
What is the recommended method of transfer from Narita to Haneda with ski bags?

Is is easy to take the train? Or is it better to get a private transfer?

Thanks

FFS! Send your skis etc by takkyubin (Black Cat) from Narita and travel light. Take a couple of days to look around and your gear will be at your accom waiting for you!

yeah that's the plan thursday smile

we fly in to Narita on fri evening and fly out on Sat morning hoping to hit the slopes for a couple of runs on Sat arvo/evening in Niseko.

but the takkyubin option suggested by JA is appealing for the return cos we'll be touring Tokyo/Kyoto for another week.

can we send our gear straight back to Narita airport to be picked up a week later when we fly out?

mockkie,

that will mean a huge cost in storage at Narita. We did that one year, cost an arm and half a leg for the "storage".

Found it better to do the touring first, gives takkyubin time to get the stuff to the accom (we tell the accom to expect it and hold it for us)and saves storage costs.

If you are doing some touring afterwards, then a day or two delay will not kill you, (lugging the gear around may do that, though!) and will give you a chance to see some before you slide.

Still, your choice!

hmm...

bit late to change our itinerary... we're locked in to ski for a week and then to tour after.

do u recall roughly how much they charged you for left luggage at Narita?

we did this earlier this year on our honeymoon to Canada. Left our skis in left luggage at Changi and Heathrow. didn't cost us too much then. was hoping to do the same at Narita.

not exactly, but I recall being mildly annoyed at the amount, when we came to bail the gear out! Ball park was around $70 a day, I think. Lucky the Credit Card was OK.

As for Niseko and takkyubin, they are EVERYWHERE in Japow! Your accom should be able to do the "store and forward" for you, but the delivery times are "approximate" - could be one day, could be 3. I do know that delivery to Furano was quoted as 1-3 days, it was there the next day, according to the lodge.

This might work for you. We will do the reverse.

We are going to Black Cat Takkyubin our bags to Rusutsu and carry all our ski stuff with us. You can ski as soon as you arrive. Hopefully the luggage arrives next day.

Still got to work the logistics out as to how to best pack the bags.

With takkyubin you can specify the date you want it delivered. You can send it along with a drop-off date a few days in advance without having to pay anything extra. They might not want to hold on to something for a week but a few days won't be a problem.

I use the storage place at Narita, and don't find it all that expensive.

The price is 300, 500, 800 Y according to size and average large luggage falls into the 500Y category. Our snowboard was 300 Y I think. So 800Y per day is ok for about a week in transit.