So I have been looking at this English teaching school called GABA. I have heard mixed things and was wondering what you guys think? Is it legit? Do they pay well, they let you make your own schedule. Is there one in Sapporo and do you have any experience? wakaranai

As far as I know they are legit, they have been in business since I have been in Japan at least and I have been here more than 10 years now! They have several branches around Tokyo, don't know about other areas. No Gaba here in Yamanashi!

I think they pay roughly the same as other schools, but as I have never worked for them I don't know, just from adverts that I have seen!

Yes people seem to have mixed feelings about them, again don't know as I have never worked for them, maybe someone on this forum may know more.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
And avoid GABA at all costs. Had a mate that worked for them and got treated like shite and paid **** all.

Thanks for the advice, that is what I am trying to avoid haha. I just need something to provide for subsistence while I ski and get used to the culture/learn more Japanese. Then I will decide to take my financial asset to the US, Japan, etc.

DO NOT WORK FOR GABA!!

They are absolute shit, and thats saying something in the world of Eikaiwa's!!

The pay sucks, if a student doesn't show up then you don't get paid. You have to try and curry favour with the students and get them to re-book YOU, not just another lesson. This attracts the scummiest, smarmiest type of English teacher.

Oh and there is something dodgy with the Visas, not sure if they are able to sponsor visa's or not.