• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's totally discriminatory! As a 60+, I want to be a part of the working visa scheme, but am prevented from being a part of it.

Have to wonder why 30 is the "magic" age!

Originally Posted By: JA
That's totally discriminatory! As a 60+, I want to be a part of the working visa scheme, but am prevented from being a part of it.

Have to wonder why 30 is the "magic" age!

Lie about your age like me grandpa

OMG! veryshocked

There is just another thing I am TOO OLD to do !!

I seriously HATE being told NO.

I have been diagnosed with Asthma, and was honest on my SCUBA form last week when applying to do a learn to dive course on the Barrier Reef....so of course they knocked me back - as Papa said "Blind Freddy could have seen that a tick in the Asthma box would preclude me from doing it..." But I am too honest and naive for my own good!

So what am I going to do?

NO taking NO for answer. Once we get back from Japan I am going to do a PADI dive course, Drs clearance and all - get ticketed and do that blasted dive - the bastards! grandpa

JA - if you wanna work in Japan just buy yourself a business mate - then work there - viola - beat the working visa issue wink

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
OMG! veryshocked

There is just another thing I am TOO OLD to do !!

I seriously HATE being told NO.

I have been diagnosed with Asthma, and was honest on my SCUBA form last week when applying to do a learn to dive course on the Barrier Reef....so of course they knocked me back - as Papa said "Blind Freddy could have seen that a tick in the Asthma box would preclude me from doing it..." But I am too honest and naive for my own good!

So what am I going to do?
NO taking NO for answer. Once we get back from Japan I am going to do a PADI dive course, Drs clearance and all - get ticketed and do that blasted dive - the bastards! grandpa

JA - if you wanna work in Japan just buy yourself a business mate - then work there - viola - beat the working visa issue wink

How much is said "business mate" haha
Originally Posted By: rider69
Something like 200000 bucks of investment might get you a business visa. Americans are SOL when it comes to easy Visas.

Bah, there must be someone with a lot of experience in snowsports industry and a degree from a large school can get a visa???
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
I was thinking Sapporro? Is there good transportation to get to get to the mountains?

You can get to Teine quite easily, Kokusai I dont know about, but I dont think it would be hard. Especially with many people going you would easily meet up with mates to get rides. Those two are the closest to Sapporo. With a bit more of a drive you have tons of options.
Originally Posted By: rider69
The main job market season is opening soon for English jobs. Still a hard market compared to the pre Nova implosion.

rider69, I would actually say its on going, or almost finished (depending on the type of English job the applicant is after). Typically with JHS/HS/Uni they have interviews anywhere from October-December, which means that application deadlines are long past. If he/she is just after Eikaiwa then it could be anytime as you said.

or you could come across on a 5-day a week, full time job (and so gaining the visa) then quit and get yourself a part time job, less money but more time for riding. Dunno how that affects your visa though, obviously I don't think immigration would give it the nod but if you are already in country....

You can get a cultural visa, pick up Kendo or something like that.

For a few hours of work a week, they are not going to bust your ass for that I reckon.

If the employer wants you more, they can do something about it.

The cultural Visa is a bit risky. Plus you have to prove enrollment in that subject of study. Not many companies really want to touch that type of Visa. The money has to be paid under the table.

The company I work for is quite good. We get pay raises, pension contributions, commuting insurance coverage and unemployment benefits. The lady that runs the company though would have our heads if we brought in a cut and run person.