Hi,

My buddies and I are looking at doing a 3 day snowboarding trip Thanksgiving weekend, and I looked on SnowJapan and found a couple places. I was wondering if anyone knows what would be our best bet for that weekend or personal preferences, I know it's really early in the season. I was also wondering if any place had a package deal like a 3 day/2 night hotel package plus lift fee. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It's going to be very difficult to be certain that there will be enough natural snow anywhere so early in the season, but in theory Kagura will be open, with some help from snow machines, as I think will Naeba.

Otherwise you have places such as Karuizawa (the Prince Hotel) which is all artificial snow, but if you are anything other than beginners, you'd find it small, crowded and pretty boring.

I suggest you stick to the turkey dinners at home that weekend, or get into Tokyo for a night out and save your energies for the full season to come.

But whatever you decide, enjoy...

SdS

Originally Posted By: skidaisuki
It's going to be very difficult to be certain that there will be enough natural snow anywhere so early in the season, but in theory Kagura will be open, with some help from snow machines, as I think will Naeba.

Otherwise you have places such as Karuizawa (the Prince Hotel) which is all artificial snow, but if you are anything other than beginners, you'd find it small, crowded and pretty boring.

I suggest you stick to the turkey dinners at home that weekend, or get into Tokyo for a night out and save your energies for the full season to come.

But whatever you decide, enjoy...

SdS

Typically, the few times I have been to Hakuba for opening weekend, November 21st, I have been blessed with deep powder!! Ill head up again as long as there is snow. It has melted away after that before too :(

On a side note, you can hike many places in Nagano, Niigata, Hoks, etc thumbsup SO many good places to ski, so little time.