According the the times

Quote:
It would appear that, just as high street fashion rolls in cycles, so too do trends keep returning on the ski slopes, however unlikely or even unwelcome. And this season, the 1980s and 1990s are back with a vengeance.

Flouro fabrics, clashing colours and garish accessories will be adorning fashion-conscious skiers in the months to come. Great news for those of us who are still wearing that Camp Hopson Rodeo all-in-one outfit when it was in fashion first time round.

And on the subject of all-in-one suits, they're back as well.

What could be better?

I want a lurid green all-in-one, perhaps with some zebra stripes to add some more class.

lol

I just bought myself a green jacket. i'm hoping I'm not common! and its definitely no 80s

rodeomagic.jpg

I'm also hoping that the 80s (edit: fashion) dont come back, we should put that down as a bad mistake!! LOL

(love 80's music!! that can stay for ever!)

Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
I just bought myself a green jacket. i'm hoping I'm not common! and its definitely no 80s

rodeomagic.jpg

I'm also hoping that the 80s (edit: fashion) dont come back, we should put that down as a bad mistake!! LOL

No silly pattern, Gareth. That's the key. The jacket can stay.
....As far as I can tell the 80's came back with a vengance last fall. The inside of any Uniqulo shop looked like a Wham video.
Originally Posted By: ger
Originally Posted By: gareth_oau

rodeomagic.jpg

No silly pattern, Gareth. That's the key. The jacket can stay.
....As far as I can tell the 80's came back with a vengance last fall. The inside of any Uniqulo shop looked like a Wham video.

mate have you seen those wicked Leather Jackets in Uni Qlo?? wow!! lol

Hmm, the 80s was navy colour fleece knee-breeches with long socks covered by red gaiters. Waxed cotton parka.

Loooong narrow skis with low floppy leather boots and rat-trap bindings.

The days of pukka Nordic skiing grandpa

when I used to wear double breasted suits to work years ago, I actually prefered them. I only wear suits now 3 or 4 times a year, so hopefully my latest purchase will last long enough to be used in this and the next fashion cycle!! LOL

a good few years ago, just after I finished Uni me and my friends were attending a rather formal gathering and required a suit. So we all went down the shops and got us some nice threads but one guy didn't go. On the day of the event he turned up in his grandad's ancient Navy double-breasted suit (it was in immaculate nick, just the style was VERY old)....cue james Bond jokes for about 5 years!! hehe