See they are now out, its 8800ï¿¥ from Tokyo to Yuzawa including lift ticket until Dec 14th and then 9800ï¿¥ until Xmas Eve. Not bad at all, now all we need is the white stuff to dump from the sky!!! smile

for the shink deals?? No the one I said was for Kagura, but they have them for all the Yuzawa resorts and a number of other resorts, including Hakuba 47& Goryu. I'll prob be going to Kagura though as its easy and quick to get to

yeah, I've been trying to fix up New Year, originally planned for Hokkaido but couldn't get flights for the dates I wanted, into Asahikawa, then couldn't get hotels for the dates I wanted flying into Sapporo....and them prices were sky high in the Niseko area....so decided to look into Tohoku on the Shink....hopefully get something sorted soon

Yeah, Rob.

Hostel prices 15~ 27 Euros. (depending on beds. 2 bed room is the expensive one which comes to a little less than double room in a Hotel) the Average price about 19 Euros. less 3 euros if you are under 27.

inc. Breakfast.

Hostel prices are the similar in most places rolleyes

They do have Hotel quality hostels here in Europe though. Hard to get booking - very popular.

Tubby - thanks for pointing that out. I reckon even the full-season price for a Tokyo-Echigo Yuzawa shink day return with lift pass is a bargain at 11,000+.

Let's hope we get enough snow to justify a trip before 14th December...

SdS

Rob, I'm not saying you're wrong, but the numerous times I've been to Kagura in Jan - Feb - March by JR's one day shink / lift pass deal it's always been about 11,000 yen. And I almost always used View Plaza at Tokyo station to buy the tickets, as well.

Perhaps you had some special deal, but as you can tell from the early season special prices Tubby mentions above, the full season price does go above 9,800 after Christmas.

Let's hope there'll be early bird skiing in December at Kagura and Naeba for all of us...

SdS

Originally Posted By: Go Native
You can get backpacker accomm from Y2,800 per night including breakfast. Not everything is expensive up here! party

Oh I know GN, I was looking for something a little better than backpacker because its my 30th this Xmas BUT all the others that I found were out of my price range for the New Year break. Interested in the sleeper train, whats the deal with that Rob?

and I misread the brochure, its 8200ï¿¥ before Dec 14th and 9100 until Xmas.
Pretty sure I paid the same in mid season SDS, around 11k for a day trip to Kagura