Hi folks. new on this forum!

There are a bunch of us coming from Scotland on the 6th of Jan for 2 weeks. We are staying in Niseko. Basically we are wondering where you would recommend to go for day trips away from Niseko to ski/board.

We are all pretty competent riders and looking for good back country stuff etc.

Any help or suggestions would be more than welcome!

Great forum by the way!

Cheers

Sparkz

Good day trips would be Rusutsu and Moiwa for other resort areas. There's also cat skiing at Weiss.

Some good backcountry off Chisenupuri and Iwanopuri or even Youtei. For the backcountry you can do guided tours. Either way you'll want to have avie gear with you.

Originally Posted By: sparkzter
Sorry, another question!
Are we able to get a transfer from Sapporo airport to Niseko pretty easily?
We arrive at a good time in the afternoon but on our departure we have to be at the airport really early.
Any ideas?

First Q: yes.

Second Q: In the past, about the earliest you could get to Sapporo airport was around 9-10am. So, if your flight is earlier, then stay the night before in Sapporo city or at the airport.
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
So, if your flight is earlier, then stay the night before in Sapporo city or at the airport.

In fact that might not be so bad...
I always hate leaving. It is a feeling of being torn - the bus is coming at whatever time, and you have packed all your gear the night before, except the stuff that was drying overnight - and now that is being shoved in the bags. And here you are - in paradise - a perfect day (doesn't it always seem that the day you leave is superb!) and you can't go out for just one more run.

Leaving on the last bus at night means you can get a big day in boarding, give everything a quick dry off before you shove it in your bags, and jump that late bus to Sapporo. Can catch a few ZZzz's on the bus, and wake up refreshed and ready to go for your flight the next morning.

Why hadn't I thought of that before!! confused doh

LOL MB,

The crew and I have been taking the 7:45pm flight from Chitose to Haneda the past few years. Bus leaves Hirafu at 3pm~ish (morning of boarding is oh so nice!). That way we can get the last train home from Haneda to Shizuoka. It's always such a crazy change for us to be boarding in the morning and coming home to a totally snow-free place like Shizuoka all in one day and still be in Japan!!. Then again, the opposite is true when we go to Niskeko as well! (We usually leave home at 2:30am and catch the first flight to Chitose. After transfers and unpacking we're usually on the hill by lunch time! That way, a 20 day trip actually means 20 days on the hill!)

I so want that!

We will be in Niseko by lunchtime on the 26th Dec - I am gonna be on that hill on the 26th! No risk! Even if we have to assemble bindings on boards and stuff - at the very worst it will be nighta!

• 4 weeks later...