Has anyone been to a skiers-only resort in Japan? Is the profile noticeably different from resorts for both disciplines? I'm thinking boarders tend to be younger and are more likely to be gaijins (though I don't know that for a fact, particularly the second bit).

• SnowJapan Admin

Naspa Ski Garden in Yuzawa is still skiers-only. I used to work there marketing the resort to the foreign market. The skiers only thing was very much part of the way they promoted the resort. Lots of families with young kids and a fair few foreign families based in Tokyo go there. It's only a small resort but gets fairly busy weekends and they actually did quite well last season.

Nasu Onsen Family Ski-jo is skier-only. Definitely geared to families with small kids, but a very nice place for that demographic. Cheap, too. Only problem is if the closer parking lot fills up, the far lot is quite a long ways away, so bring snow boots for the kids in case you need to make the hike.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Creek Boy, that's something new for me. Never heard of it. Tottori reminds of sand skiing.
I'll do a search. Any TR on that ?

Not that I know of, but my mate and I have decided that the old Hiroshima crew needs to meet up this winter in Geihoku for shits-n-giggles so we will be there in January it looks like. If we hit up Geihoku Kokusai or anywhere else Ill post it up. Itd be well worth the laugh smile