Japanese Kids Packed Lunch Boxes

Some mum's have nothing better to do so they go wild with the Bento's.(Obento Otaku's!)

Luckily for us, when our kids were in Yochien (child care) lunch was provided.

Only on days where there were excursions and special days mum needed to make Obento. It was a big hassle for her because she would have to get up extra early to prepare these especially on top of the normal morning madness!

Usually Obento is for kids in pre school & jnr & snr high. The elementary kids are provided with lunch.

yeah the elementary kids get school lunches, but I was out on a school trip to the zoo with them and while I whipped out a pretty good sandwich they were pulling the proverbial rabbits from hats, then the next day at school they ate obento again to talk about hwat a great time we all had at the zoo

Well...it is either that or the 'lunch orders' and the offerings have not changed all year, and they are mostly horrid.

We are already paying $8.90 for 8pce of rather dodgy Teriyaki Chicken Sushi from the canteen. But I can make really YUMMY Teriyaki Chicken Sushi for a lot less per serve AND they only do that or Tuna, when the boy would much prefer Tomago Nigiri or a combo of chicken sushi and tomago nigiri. I'm not working anymore, so why not? Not like I will be tied to the kitchen every morning, I can always go back to ordering on any given day. And it sure beats the old vegemite sandwich (which they wouldnt eat anyway).

My apologies.

Even when Rob posted that question I went back and checked it was not my spelling error before posting the link - and read it as Tamago - now I go back and look and it is spelt incorrectly BOTH times.

Either need to get my eyes checked or follow my own rule about not posting after drinking!