Patrick Swayzes movies!

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Point Break was awesome.

Point break was shite! I sat cringing in my seat watching that

As a surfer who has surfed in the 70's 80's 90's and the naughties, I've never seen or heard anythng remotely like the dribble that they carried on with in that film.

Dirty dancing was much better.

I didn't like dirty dancing. It was shite too, but point break was worse.

Tubby, I've surfed with loads of American surfers in different places and I've never heard them dribble on like that about 'the spiritual side of surfing' or how they 'represent the freedom of the human spirit' .

I guess as entertainment to the masses that don't get to see big wave surfing very often, then it appealed, factual or not I still think it sucked.

There was one surfer I knew who used to talk about surfing representing the freedom of the human spirit and stuff like that. He used to drop in on people and piss them off in and out of the water. He was a dickhead. (Unlike poor Patrick Swayze)

Dirty Dancing, Point Break.... He made a living off of being cheezy which is fair enough. I liked Roadhouse.

Surfing in the late 70's ~81 was like ... drop out, take it easy ... no two wave's the same, go with it ... wasn't too competitive.

sure, places like Narrabeen was territorial and locals rule rules anywere but it was relaxing and good to be out there. Wasn't too crowded.

Uncomplicated lifestyle was what Australia appealed to me then.

fforgot totally about Youngblood!!

ding ding!! paging Dr Sutton!!!

quality movie!!

Mantas, those Americans you surfed with probably weren't robbing banks either!!! smile Point Break kicks ass!!!

Ben Harp: Special agent Utah! This is not some job, flipping burgers at the local drive-in! Yes! - your surf board bothers me! Yes! - your approach to this whole damn case bothers me! And yes! - YOU BOTHER ME! And Pappas! Oh, for the love of Christ. How the hell did I even let you talk me into this whole bone-headed idea to begin with.

Pappas: Harp! We are working under-cover. It takes time. We've produced a few...

Ben Harp: NO! No no no no no no NO! Let me tell you what you've produced... Over the last two weeks, you two have produced exactly squat! SQUAT! During which time the ex-presidents have robbed two more banks. Now for Christ's sake, does either one of you have anything even remotely interesting to tell me?

[brief pause]

Johnny Utah: I caught my first tube this morning... Sir.

Surfs up!!!

OK Tubbs, I'll concede. There were some good scenes in that movie.

If a film maker is trying to portray a certain group of people or a culture or a historical account, then I think it should be done as accurately as possible, even if it is just pure entertainment. That's what makes a good film IMO.

Point break missed the mark by a long shot

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: thursday
Tubbs, that's Keanu Reeves.

In that clip, thats just 1 of my fave scenes from the movie, I never said it was Swayze. The post is about how great Point Break is

Well in a Swayze is dead thread you could at lleast have put in a Swayze scene, instead of your indulgent lust fest for Keanu Reeves.