I am new to snowjapanforums.com and first want to say hello to all of you from the snowboard club from Serbia!

My friends and I plan to visit Japan, and we are interested in the following:

- Advice that resorts are good for snowboarding, have freeride and not very expensive.

- What is the nightlife in these resorts?

- Does anyone know a snowboard club listed resorts or nearby (that want to make collaboration...)

- We plan to land in Tokyo, and we are interested in ease of transport to resort

Tnx

pretty much any of the main nagano and niigata resorts are easy to get to by publc transport from Tokyo. The main ones being Hakuba Valley, Shiga Kogen, Nozawa Onsen, Kagura/Mt.Naeba, Myoko. Hakuba has the best nightlife and an awesome array of riding terrain. Shiga Kogen is generally regarded as the best snow on Honshu and runs Hokkaido a very close 2nd (or perhaps equal to) but not a lot in the way of nightlife, Nozawa Onsen has good snow conditions and is a traditional Japanese hot springs village giving you a "cultural experience" into the bargain of top quality riding, it has some bars and restaurants as well but don't be expecting Meribel or Val D'Isere, Myoko gets huge amounts of snow, has a little nightlife as there is a village at the bottom of Akakura, Sugionhara has limited nightlife options but plenty hotel options. Kagura/MtNaeba is probably the easiest to get to from Tokyo, shinkansen right in 70 mins. Kagura is high and gets great snow but is often busy due to its proximity to Tokyo/shinkansen line. Yuzawa is also an actual village (not custom built snow resort) so there will be some nightlife options but again I don't think its pumping.

Thanks a lot!

Plan ten days ... not enough, but for the first time so we can ... Interested to see how we look ski centers in Japan, to introduce food and drink, to know the girls (who are much like us) and nightlife ... Assume what they want four friends who live to snowboard (freeride), girls and beer?!

What is the best time of arrival in relation to the conditions with snow, pricing, and visit that is crowded?

OK, but tell me one more information that the ski resort has night skiing and freeride in the woods? Often the ski resort can see the films ...

We also think that record a snowboard film about Japan when I was there and after that it present in Serbia ...

Night skiing through tree's is most likely Niseko Hokkaido.

There has been a big discussion on Niseko Nighta about it.

But you will find it is one of the more expensive Japanese resorts. And with the time you have available to board you will probably get more snow time by visiting a Honshu resort.

Time to come for best conditions...January is snowing heavily - if you are wanting to film you probably wont get too many day of good light in the 10. You might be better off with Feb or March - any of you guys who have filmed on Honshu got a more informed opinion than my educated guess?

That day they werent! (Was our Perisher Day)

Well most anyway - it was surface lifts and the triple at Smiggins - I think the Village 8 was running part of the day as well over at Perisher proper, but Smiggs was the best bet that day.

At one point my friend and I were on the triple with a little kid and it swayed side to side so violently that all three of us cracked up laughing at the same time. The wind was so violent it literally knocked me off my feet just standing there.

Anyway - sorry to hijack.

Back to the thread.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Stuff the sightseeing, it's all about the snow!
Hell I've been here for over 4 years and still seen bugger all lol

Too funny, I'm new to the forums and I'm avidly reading trying to get an idea of what to do where etc. My hubby is of the same opinion and it just made me laff - too true!
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Hakuba 47 or goryu are the main ones in Hakuba. but night life, well when I went there a few years ago, was pretty non-existent, and we did venture out a bit.

Hakuba 47 or Goryu are the main what?

Goryu area as some good nightlife, inlcuding
Tracks Bar - right in the center of the Goryu Accommodation area. Live music
Bradburys Bar - Draft beers, fine wines
Sauce - table football, chill out at the bar

Obviously you didnt venture too far
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
isn't Echoland reasonably close to Happo?

yes that is correct TB - its about a 10 min walk to the village....and about 20 min to the Wadano side of Happo.