9-11 The collapsing towers

Just been watching a documentary type thing on History Channel of lots of peoples footage from New York on 9th September.

There is lots of the footage I hadn't seen before from just normal people with cameras, not the footage we have all seen on the news so many times. The images of those planes slicing into the towers and what happened after are all still as horribly vivid as they were. The impact really does not fade. What a time that was.

It will be repeated tomorrow and probably a few other times as well.

(* Thread made without any real with for wanting this to get into any Bush/conspiracy theory argument)

I was a final year physics student at University of Technology Sydney at that time.

We were shocked. A friend couldn't take the elevator to our classes on 16th floor and studied a while at the cafeteria on the ground floor. The student diary for the year before had a picture of a plane going into our uni building.

I thought it's gonna be ww3. Is it only me ? but I noticed more recruitment for military for grads.

The class that started with a dozen students had only 4 showing up.

That was a beautiful September day in Scotland, real Indian Summer, I was working gutting a house out down by the beach, the women downstairs came up and I thought, wow she's early today with the tea.....nope it was the towers getting flown into....pretty vivid stuff

Huge impact on people.

My phone rang (and it was quite late at night here), and I heard my Dad's voice - I was concerned as my brother had some serious health concerns at the time, so I jumped out of bed and ran to phone.

I missed the call.

It wasnt my Dad, but Papa's business partner at the time saying turn on the TV there has been a really awful crash in the US.

I turned the TV on just in time to see the live event of the 2nd plane and the realisation that this was no accident.

I think everyone was walking around in a dream like state the next day.

I was up late watching TV and saw the first reports come in after the 1st tower was hit. Then pretty much saw it live when the next tower was hit. Kept watching most of the night until both towers had finally collapsed. Certainly something I'll never forget.

I was over in NZ snowboarding. I had to fly out the next day. I'll never forget sitting in the departure lounge, watching the TV monitor as footage of planes were shown smacking into the buildings over and over again.

You wanna hear something scary ?

My fellow student then, she joggs over Sydney harbour bridge most days came acoss a middle-eastern gentleman who drops his wallet. He thanks her very politely and says " You are a very honest person. Let me advise you, don't cross this bridge around this time next year "

Come to think of it, it is a neat target isn't it? Drop a bomb from a bridge down on a crossing oil tanker or some thing. After that the government put cameras there.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
You wanna hear something scary ?
My fellow student then, she joggs over Sydney harbour bridge most days came acoss a middle-eastern gentleman who drops his wallet. He thanks her very politely and says " You are a very honest person. Let me advise you, don't cross this bridge around this time next year "
Come to think of it, it is a neat target isn't it? Drop a bomb from a bridge down on a crossing oil tanker or some thing. After that the government put cameras there.

Jynxx that story is an urban myth, I've been told countless similar stories all by friends of friends who got told this....these stories didn't happen
Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
Did anyone watch that doco Loose Change. That was scary. I never thought about conspiracy but after seeing that I must say now I am very sceptical.

That's the beauty of conspiracies. With a bit of twisting of the truth and presenting 'facts' that are impossible to verify yourself they can appear quite reasonable. Of course they are also near impossible to disprove as much of their 'evidence' is supposedly locked away by the government.
To me conspiracies are a bit like religion, they can't actually be proven or disproven and require people to suspend a bit of rational, logical thinking to believe in them.

Just did a wiki search on Loose Change - There is a section which lists information that appeared in early versions and which is omitted from later versions of the show.

It would seem that bascially LC is a melting pot of crank ideas and junk that they don't really test before offering it up as supporting the main argument.