Bad days/Writing them off and more...

I thought this deserved its own thread.

Originally Posted By: sanjo
How bad does a day need to get, and what time, before it gets written off? I had one last week that was written off at 10am. I might as well have just gone home and done something useful and fun, as it was I ended up messing around being unproductive and doing sod all. What a waste of a day.

I think the eternal optimist in my thinks the day will turn around at some point, so we persevere. But I agree - our lives would be much more fun if we were able to recognise a lost day without the benefit of hindsight and just go home and relax.

In my case I was home. And stuff just kept happening, but if I had given up and poured myself a stiff drink, pulled out the nibbles and whacked on a DVD I might have enjoyed the day a bit more.

I find that even working for yourself you are not really working for no one. You are working to pay the bank, the staff wages & super, the car repayments, the taxman, your next holiday & the toys to go with it etc.

As far as writing off a bad day - I work in a commission based environment & can work for a month on a deal & end up getting nothing out of it - that's a headache. Fortunately the pay days that do happen can be substantial & carry me through some bad times.

In theory, working for yourself you could have endless play time. Reality is you need the moolah to play, so some discipline is necessary.

I like my life - I would enjoy it more if I could spend more time in Japan that's for sure.

ARRGGHHHH!!!!

I would like to write today off too.

Why are ppl so inefficient?

On Monday I recieved a little Post Office Card in the mail, so we missed you, come pick this item up within 5 days blah blah. Interesting thing was that SEVEN people were in my house all day - and visitors came and went successfully all day also. There was no broken door bells etc - just a freaking lazy postman. I had suspected as such previously, but never been able to prove it as I was in and out and it was POSSIBLE that the delivery was attempted in the 5 minutes I was out/in the shower/had the music up loud.

So...infuriated I got my son to run in and collect the item today on the way to drop him off (you see the local PO has NO PARKING - well yes it does have parking but it is in a very busy precinct that has not enough parking, so there are never any to be had).

The card had my first initial and surname. Which is the same as my son's, and the same as my hubby's. And we were all waiting on a package to be delivered - could have been any one of us. It was just a regular parcel - not a signature article.

They refused to give it to him, because it was actually my parcel - and he did not look like a Michelle with his big ginger beard. Despite showing ID to prove his name matched the card, at the same address and telling them Mum was doing bog laps to pick him up they refused. They made him feel like he was a mail thief.

Needless to say I have made an official complaint.

Idiots.

I have also asked to have the parcel moved to a PO that is closer to my home and actually has parking available, and intelligent courteous staff. Will take an extra day or two to get y hands on it, but better that than I come eye to eye with the moronic staff and create a scene.

Now where was the liquor cabinet?

I don't know myself but I have two friends who are "working for themselves". Interestingly they have both gone different ways. One seems to spend all his time doing things that please him. The other seems to have no time to do that. From what I gather they generate similar kinds of money for themselves, so it must just be the mindset.

I'm much too stubborn... I'll stick it out at work, even if I'm having a shocker, then just write it off at the end of the day, go home, have a beer, relax and get an early night... Stressing about it wont change it, and losing sleep will only make it more likely to reoccur.

I never give up on a day, as that means its a day wasted, every little, shitty thing that has happened on those bad days I've had, as always taught me something, and hopefully made me a better, stronger and wiser person than before.

I'll often right a day off if I have something I really want to do ie. go surfing, but all it means is that I now have an extra day to fit back into the remaining days of the week.

Still, I wouldn't have it any other way. I like working for myself.

Stress management for a day is ... well, it happens. We all had it since childhood.

Anyone have experience that goes on and on for 6months/years ? And a single day without incident is a breather and realize how much you have taken things for granted that all is well ...

yeah, I'd like to believe in it, too, that it's all going to be OK.

But, I still wonder what it's all about...

cheers

Not Such a Bad Day

WOMAN'S DIARY

12 June 2008 Thursday

Saw him in the evening and he was acting really strangely.

I'd been shopping in the afternoon with the girls and was a bit late meeting him, thought it might be that.

The bar was really crowded and loud, so I suggested we go somewhere quieter to talk.

He was still very subdued and distracted so I suggested we went somewhere nice to eat.

All through dinner he just didn't seem himself - he hardly laughed and didn't seem to be paying any attention to me or to what I was saying.

I just knew that something was wrong.

He dropped me back home and I wondered if he was going to come in.

He hesitated but followed.

I asked him what was wrong, but he just half shook his head and turned the television on.

After about ten minutes of silence I said that I was going upstairs to bed, I put my arms around him and told him that I loved him deeply.

He just gave a sigh and a sad sort of smile.

He didn't follow me up immediately but came up later and, to my surprise, we made love - but he still seemed distant and a bit cold.

I cried myself to sleep - I think he's planning to leave me - maybe he's found someone else.

MAN'S DIARY:

12 June 2008 Thursday

AUSTRALIA lost the cricket again.

Gutted.

Got a root though.