The road up through Glencoe and up towards Loch Ness passing Fort William/Ben Nevis is beautiful. Likewise the road down from Inverness to Perth, skirting the Cairngorms. Never been up to Skye but have loose plans to go there this summer too.....we may pass each other!! thumbsup

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I've been on that road before TB.

We may well, have to exchange dates to see if we overlap.

We could try out the Scottish pies and beer one night.

smile

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
He doesn't want to pie-eater wink

haha just read this thread again....sorry Pie-Eater. I'll be in Scotland from next Thursday 23rd until Aug 6th but as I said its only an idea to go up there, so I won't have any dates until the day we say.."bugger it, lets go up to Skye". smile Definitely try and get a steak n gravy pie, a forfar bridie, a good Scotch Pie and a flaky pastry sausage roll!! mmmmm.
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
He doesn't want to pie-eater wink

haha just read this thread again....sorry Pie-Eater. I'll be in Scotland from next Thursday 23rd until Aug 6th but as I said its only an idea to go up there, so I won't have any dates until the day we say.."bugger it, lets go up to Skye". smile Definitely try and get a steak n gravy pie, a forfar bridie, a good Scotch Pie and a flaky pastry sausage roll!! mmmmm.

Have you tried Mull. That is a nice Island.Or go up to Ullapool spend a couple of nights there, Then go to Achiltibuie and look over to the summer Isles, visit the Hydoponics center. Keep going north to Scourie, Laxford Bridge and then come down on the A838. one hell of a nice drive [weather permitting] welcome

All except Scott McDonald - Aussie Celtic striker who scores heaps for the Celts but can't for his national team doh

Originally Posted By: snowjunky
All except Scott McDonald - Aussie Celtic striker who scores heaps for the Celts but can't for his national team doh

pretty sure 1 half of Glasgow would WANT to kill him
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: snowjunky

pretty sure 1 half of Glasgow would WANT to kill him

Yes you are spot on about the blue half
Originally Posted By: Sammy5
Yarp, 2 more brits coming over from the Westcountry this winter!

...and TB - didn't the arse fall out of the Nova Language thing a few years back?

Yeah Nova did collapse but it has risen again and the englsh teaching thing has stablised.

Bags, I like Liverpool but I wouldn't call myself a fan. They are just the team in England that I look out for.....and when I was young they were THE team in England. I guess gloryhunting has a LITTLE to do with it but Liverpool always had a big Scots contingent so it was a no brainer.

My heart however belongs to Dundee United FC
Originally Posted By: sparkzter
Hi folks!

7 of us coming over this January from central Scotland. We are staying in the black diamond lodge.
Anyone got any experience of it and what its like to stay there?

Cheers.

where you guys from?