BA staff asked to work for nothing

I had the bloody awful pasta then the bloody awful sandwich followed by the bloody awful chicken.

I don't drink alcohol on the flight actually - leave that for after I arrive and settled in.

yeah, there's that, and the 40 stone trolley dollies will truly make you throw. Just disgusting what BA passengers have to put up with.

But why put up with it???????????????

ëh oh, eggy thunp, I juzz luv those f""atty arsed luvvies......"

Well, thursday, money may not be an issue with you but for other people it is. BA are by far the cheapest option for a flight into Manchester from Tokyo (via Heathrow). I'm not going to pay 20,000 yen or whatever more for a journey for something that likely is no better or not much better in economy class with some other airline.

so, because of that, you're a slave to the rhythm. BA has a hold on your nuts and they can twist how they like? You happy with that?

Or do something different to prove it to yourself.

What are you talking about???

I need to get from A to B.

I want the best deal.

There's hardly any difference between BA, KLM or any of the others in terms of service.

So, what's the "something different" other than paying more for the same?

Just used BA both ways. Same as KLM but cheaper. First time I've ever felt cold on a plane though. Food was exactly the same I think. If you go for the ol' "Asian vegetarian" I suspect the same company makes it. We're not veggies, but we like getting the meal before everyone else and the curries are actually pretty good. When's lime pickle, anything remotely curryesque with proper rice will hit the spot for me. The cottage pie thing wasn't too bad, but the sandwich snack thing on the way there were rock hard. KLM usually give you an icecream, which usually hits the spot pretty good in the crappy recycled stuffy atmosphere you get onboard.

The plane was only 80% full coming back to Japan yesterday. If there were two of you, I'd forget the bulkheads and deliberately chose seats with one or two empty inbetween because they may well remain unfilled. Both aisle seats out of a middle four, for example. One lady was sleeping across three seats in the middle. I've not seen someone do that for many years on a long haul. It's always been too busy. If 80% is the best BA can do in summer in spite of undercutting everyone on a direct Japan-UK flight, things don't look good for the airlines.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Just used BA both ways. Same as KLM but cheaper. First time I've ever felt cold on a plane though. Food was exactly the same I think. If you go for the ol' "Asian vegetarian" I suspect the same company makes it. We're not veggies, but we like getting the meal before everyone else and the curries are actually pretty good. When's lime pickle, anything remotely curryesque with proper rice will hit the spot for me. The cottage pie thing wasn't too bad, but the sandwich snack thing on the way there were rock hard. KLM usually give you an icecream, which usually hits the spot pretty good in the crappy recycled stuffy atmosphere you get onboard.

The plane was only 80% full coming back to Japan yesterday. If there were two of you, I'd forget the bulkheads and deliberately chose seats with one or two empty inbetween because they may well remain unfilled. Both aisle seats out of a middle four, for example. One lady was sleeping across three seats in the middle. I've not seen someone do that for many years on a long haul. It's always been too busy. If 80% is the best BA can do in summer in spite of undercutting everyone on a direct Japan-UK flight, things don't look good for the airlines.

It was probably Sky Chef who cooked your meal. They service KLM as well as BA. So from the same kitchen, you'd cook crap for BA, lesser crap for NorthWest, etc. They serve some 270 airlines.

I reckon the colder-ness is having more fresh air circulating to try reassure passengers about pig cold.

Airlines have been dissed for allowing as little as 5% fresh air into cabins.