Quote:
Andrey Arshavin's agent has called on Arsenal to increase the star's huge £80,000-a-week wages just four months after arriving in England.

The Russia forward agreed a three-and-a-half-year contract when he signed from Zenit St Petersburg for £15million.

But his agent Dennis Lachter says the club should cover cost when the top rate of income tax rises from 40 per cent to 50p in the pound next April.

'If a player has signed a contract, it is logical that there were certain obligations from the club on the money that the player receives.

'Now suddenly, this tax rate change. The question arises: why, in this situation, must the player suffer? So, a club must deal with the problem.'

I think I signed a contract at work too. So as this question is arising, perhaps I will also 'call on' my boss.
I recommend everyone does this too.

I'm also going to ask for extra cash due to the price of beer going up last month. Don't see why I should have to pay the extra!!! wakaranai
thumbsup

me toooooo...after getting shipped off to England my take home salary went down quite a lot.....luckily the company understood this and raised so that take home pay was the same!

Totally different, no?

He signed with Arsenal on a pound salary.

He's not moving overseas and he is not changing currency that is on his contract.

He just doesn't like the tax laws changing -- as if we all do!

football players are mental....its not enough that he is getting 80 grand a week, he wants the club to pay his tax for him...who does he think he is, the Queen?

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
football players are mental....its not enough that he is getting 80 grand a week, he wants the club to pay his tax for him...who does he think he is, a Queen?

If it's in his contract, he won't have to be 'calling on' his employer will he.

I guess the story is that is isn't in his contract and he is just being a greedy bastard.