Education-What's it really worth?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Accepted
but I am compelled for reasons I have stated.
Here again, for people who do not fall into the status quo,

No JA I am not calling the teachers in '64. Idiots. I don't know them and they probably had a more liberal attitude than now, I don't know so how can I. Don't be silly. You do have a reading problem and you can take it personally as much as you like as usual.

No reading problem here, and I am not taking it personally. I am, however, taking exception to your sweeping denigration of all teachers (as you do on regular occasions) ... Exhibit 1 from earlier in this thread ...
Quote:
If you can't teach and learn in the school hours, That's totall BS.
What I study or do after school is my business...
It's a f+cked up system anyways. No wonder it convinces some parents to do home schooling.
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Even having to know new knowledge like Darwin's evolution but still deny and teach intellectual design just because it is a personal belief without presenting it as an option or a comparative culture?

I'd like to know which teachers do this - as working in a school you are given, by the board of education of the area, not the teacher, a syllabus of core things you must cover. Now, if they decide that they won't want it on the syllabus, then it isn't the teacher fault if it doesn't get taught.

If the teacher decides not to teach it, then, in the UK for starters. the OFSTED board would find out and ask why. And an excuse like personal belief simply wouldn't cut it.
  • 2 weeks later...