2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: bobby12
I hope I can afford to get my son a decent watch when he turns 18 (I hope more I would consider him trustworthy enough to look after it)

How about getting him sonething really worthwhile like a plane ticket for a trip OS or something? Something that will leave him with a lifetime of memories rather than just a trinket that hangs off your wrist?

Maybe I think a nice watch on his wrist, that he will look at several times a day for a lifetime (beyond my own) has higher value than a trip abroad.

I don't think I'd give my watch to my son. I'd rather have him choose one that he liked, making sure it's a solid prestige brand, and buy it for him.

That way, if ever he got into trouble to need cash, he could sell the watch. As a way to help him when I'm gone or whatever.

Can't really do that with a Casio.

Papa bought himself a new one in January, and said he would LOVE to have an old classic one, and would also like to have 4 different ones to wear and enjoy for his lifetime and leave one each to the kids. They can wear it, stick it in a safe, or sell it....totally up to them. They all got a swiss watch in January as well, but not a ROLEX! :LOL

My parents bought me a nice little watch for my 18th, engraved and all. I had it stolen when I was 21 from my home by one of the guests of people we were sharing a house with - I would still like to have it :(.

• 1 year later...

I like the yellow detailing on the 2nd one but overall, it looks too busy - there's too much going on! The 1st one therefore gets my vote - the top 3 dials remind me of the classic dial layout in a Porsche 911 dashboard!

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
They both look like pretentious 'me too' pretend status symbols. The one that reads 'can't afford a me-too Omega'.
Can you tell I don't like either!?

No shit. wink

Whatever appeals to you, perhaps.

Personally I like minimal.

Apart from them just looking like so many other thousands of me-too status watches, what's with all the silly detail? I mean just look at the state of it. Do you even know what it is all about and do you care?

Gives me a headache just looking at it.

51YLLlFh%2BhL.jpg

Originally Posted By: Mick Rich
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
GG has a stick attached to a leather strap and reads the time from the sun

But what does he do when it's cloudy? wakaranai

time is immaterial when its cloudy