• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that top watch. Reminds me of the Omega Speedmaster. Id like to get one of those two - but as somebody else said it will probably have to wait a decade or two cuz thats a lot of money! Think the cheap styles I like start at about 3,000 USD so will wait till I get one as a present.

they are quality though. I wore the submariner everyday for 11 years and it went in for lubrication once.

I'm doing the same to the Daytona.

The Sub is around USD4,700, the Daytona two and a half times that.

Well at those prices, I think it is reasonable to assume quality!

As much money as I would have, I still wouldn't be getting one of those. Each to his own though.

Nice watches Thursday....everyday for 11years is good going....mine is only allowed out for special occassions.

Last watch i received was a Versace....it is very gaudy...bought by the company president as a thanks gift..(give me the cash instead) I use the word cash as i dont want Her Majestes Government getting 51%

I always wanted a rolex submariner....until I tried one on once - its was way too heavy, maybe you get used to it but it seemed annoyingly heavy on your wrist at 140grams.

Same with the omega speedmaster moon watch - had my heart set on one ever since I was about 10 years old and realized the Apollo astronauts had them - but also very heavy.

Stainless steel watches - with chunky steel bands are very heavy. Thats why I dig titanium! one of my watches is titanium ( no name cheapo brand) with a very lightweight thin steel band and is less than 60grams all up. It was even lighter with the nylon velcro strap too. Feels as light as a plastic watch.

Titanium is the perfect material for a watch.

p.s. I like the bottom one the best, but I prefer complicated looking avaiator style watches anyway - so dont listen to me!

A Jack Bauer special ops watch (titanium of course) is on my wishlist.

Originally Posted By: thursday
they are quality though. I wore the submariner everyday for 11 years and it went in for lubrication once.

I'm doing the same to the Daytona.

The Sub is around USD4,700, the Daytona two and a half times that.

I love the submariner, it looks really slick. Very sexy. My dad has Rolex_Watches22.jpg this watch which I will get (hopefully) in a very, very, very long time as he is leaving it for me in his will.

Im thinking about buying the Casio Oceanus. Looks good and dont have to worry about time ever being off. I would buy a nice rolex if I had that much dough laying around...

I like the divers dial on that one, after 30mins its showing red.

If you actually used it for diving it would be useful, though I suspect less than 0.1% of owners of a rolex diver watch have used it for diving. I had a Seiko divers watch and I remember taking it off when I went diving cos I was worried it'd get scratched or stained.

really like that chunky feel on a watch. So much substance. I pranged the Sub on lift doors a few times as they were closing, not even a minor dent.

CB, think of it as an investment. Effectively, I got paid to wear the Sub.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
I like the divers dial on that one, after 30mins its showing red.

If you actually used it for diving it would be useful, though I suspect less than 0.1% of owners of a rolex diver watch have used it for diving. I had a Seiko divers watch and I remember taking it off when I went diving cos I was worried it'd get scratched or stained.

That's the GMT Master. It's the 24 hour readoff for your detination timezone.