• 1 month later...

How the hell did this thing get to rock .... I thought it was a Brighton thing..

Original topic...

I have bonded with horses so I it makes me sick that people slaughter horses for meat.

They do that in mexico, American mustangs get sent across the boarder and usually ends up as dog food. Australians do the same with brumbies. Italians raise horses for meat like raising cows. Fingers to them.

It's as bad as slaughtering whales. Same goes for bear.

Japanese don't eat dog. Probably did during ww2. Vietnamese do.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Australians do the same with brumbies. Italians raise horses for meat like raising cows. Fingers to them.

To be fair, the brumbies are ferals - that is originally tame animals that have escaped, bred and become wild. They are no different, in respect to their "bonding" with humans than bear, caribou, buffalo, crocodile, kangaroo, bison etc.

A wild brumby is a menace to farms, they break down fencing to get to the "domesticated" horses for sex, and then leave the place in a mess, eat whatever they feel like.

Crap logic, then anything that came across the water is feral including dingos, and anglo-irish farmers to the detriment of aboriginals.

To be fair- Brumbies are our colonial heritage. It is also our resource. You don't want the horses breaking through, put an electric fence.

As for bonding, you don't know what I'm talking about ...

Anyways, bears and horses are highly intelligent animals and have significant spiritual status to me. Also, they are my teachers,

No one's gonna have a final say when it comes to animals, whether it's camels, dogs, magpies, whales. You like them or you don't. You eat them or you don't. I'm just saying horses are special I can't eat them.

A horse is just an animal, animals get eaten by other animals who often get eaten by other animals. Nothing wrong with eating horse. Its the way of nature

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Crap logic, then anything that came across the water is feral including dingos, and anglo-irish farmers to the detriment of aboriginals.
To be fair- Brumbies are our colonial heritage. It is also our resource. You don't want the horses breaking through, put an electric fence.

Your logic, or mine?

Feral is anything that was imported as a domesticated animal and has reverted to wild.
Quote:
A feral organism is one that has escaped from domestication and returned, partly or wholly, to its wild state. The introduction of feral animals or plants, like any introduced species, can disrupt ecosystems and may, in some cases, contribute to extinction of indigenous species.
from Wikipedia.

Ever tried to stop a brumby with an electric fence? Doesn't work all that well because they rush it, break it and by the time they could have felt the zap, they are gone. Talking through your bum again?
Originally Posted By: JA
Your logic, or mine?

JA, pay him no mind - I think he's just trying to pick an argument with you. This should be on the Official Argument Thread! lol

I grew up around horses, and I don't feel that they are any more "spiritual" or "soulful" creatures than any other non-human animal. I see no ethical difference in slaughtering and eating horse than say beef cattle or pigs (taste/flavor notwithstanding).

...But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I grew up around humans, and I don't feel they are any more "spiritual" or "soulful" than some non-human animals.

....but that's just my opinion, too