thumbsup

We have a runner in the Perth Cup tonight.

Joanne Monelli - a daughter of previous Greyhound of the Year Foolish Girl (one of our backyard pets now).

Originally Posted By: The race book
Beat Miss Slick in the Sandi's Me Mum Memorial Final in January in 30.42 and last week appreciated the red when leading throughout for a career best 30.22

heat win. Was the quickest early last week but this is her toughest test. Place.

We don't expect her to win, but she gets a cheque just for showing up - and stranger turns have happened. She is a pooch with early pace, and sometimes when a talented fiels trip over each other it can really work to your advantage to be in front.

Prize money is no small token so here's hoping!

Originally Posted By: The race book
1st $140,000

2nd $39,665

3rd $19,835

4th $2,100

unplaced $2,100

I would be surprised if Papa doesnt back her. She has been like her mother - a consistent performer.

Anything can happen, but one thing is for sure - she will do HER best. We have have plenty of dogs who are not so reliable - bit temperamental about when they will and will not perform, but with a bit of luck she can more than place. It is a very tough field though.

I wouldnt put the mortgage payment on her - but if you have a bit of play cash and are looking for a flutter she could make your weekend.

worth making an effort in case you jag a 1st, 2nd or 3rd though Thurs.

Very good racedogs though - in the past there have been proportionally higher representation from Melbourne dogs, but this year there is a higher calibre of Perth dogs ready at the right time so we have a good showing of local and locally bred dogs.

Joanne is a very young bitch so should have another crack at the cup next year all being well.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear

Joanne is a very young bitch so should have another crack at the cup next year all being well.

Oh please mamabear, your language!! this is a family forum.

and besides, just because your dog isnt likely to win, no need to go calling her nasty names!! LOL

No luck boys.

Uncharacteristic for her - she totally blew the start. The dog that won had never beaten her before tonight, but the guy who won really deserved it...nice bloke....and a handy pooch.

We had a winner and a second in other races, but not the big one this time. It was not our night tonight. But the atmosphere at the track was pumping.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: scouser
Is it live on Sky Sports? wink

Good luck!

Surprised if it wasnt - Sky Racing anyway....

I had a looksee to see if I could find the semi race replay online to post a link - it was a lead-all-the-way, win by 4.5 lengths awesomeness - but I usually watch the race on papa's computer, so no idea where to look. Sorry.

Her worst two starts EVER

Group One Perth Cup

Group One Golden Easter Egg.

doh

It was either gonna be her or the dog that won (box2) as the likely scenario (which happened) was box 1 crossing to push box 4 to the outside leaving a clear rail run for either the 2 or the 3 to rail up and win.

She missed the start BAD. The 2 - who she beat by 4.5 lengths last week railed and won.

The owner is a nice country bloke taking 7 country class dogs to the track tomorrow - has a 4 hour drive home. Bless! Cant begrudge him the win - although the $150,000 wouldve been 'noice'...

On the plus side - had a couple of nights in a fancy hotel in Sydney, some nice meals out, no housework, and a little bit of shopping...not to mention some quality time with my hubby and two little boys.

There will be a next time.

See aht happens when you give the world the details?? She gets all nervous and bombs it!! Lucky I'd not had any of my (super heavy) money on her or she'd still be trying to finish lol

Poor girl. She has always been super consistent but both Group 1 finals she has totally blown the start.

I have to wonder if it is not all the fanfare and extended parade time - I mean she was being boxed while an Australia's Got Talent finalist was belting out a <very good> rendition of Advance Austalian Fair to a standing ovation. She might get a bit stressed by all that extra fuss....hope she gets over it - because the NSW Ladies Bracelet in May is next up!

You might have to let her have a "wee dram" for her nerves before each race?? Whatdya think the stewards would say?

NSW Ladies Bracelet? You angling for another trip east?