So i've checked out as much as possiblE. Apart from a few reviews and a J-lingo web site ( which i am unable to decipher) i've finally come to the forum to seek opnions on the place. I'm basd in Southern Osaka, i heard there are direct buses? is it worth the trot??

At the mo nagano looks a little further and expensive a trip.

cheers all.

While it doesn't get any closer, once winter comes around you'll find getting to Nagano a lot easier on public transport.

Normally, Osaka-Nagano connections are very poor.

Finding out info so far has been difficult. Possibly as I am a remo?? I am excited about the winter and comitted, pretty much do anything to get to the slopes, so keep the suggestions coming!

All appreciated.

No Fakie do you mean train connections??

Takasu snow park and Dynaland are fairly decent and the only places worth going to IMO between here and Nagano. Actually Nagano isn't necessarily that expensive-esp if you go with other people on a package deal. I remember talking some girls who had a return ticket/pension & 2 day lift pass for about 2 man each.

Go to TIS at JR Umeda and find out about one day package trips to Takasu-I went on one which was about ichi man one time. Dyanaland may offer similar deals-the resorts are next door to each other.

Senor Matthews,

Have a play with this site. You may find it useful. Especially nearer the time...

http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

You'll also need to check with bus companies and travel agents too probably.

Also, if you want to fly somewhere in Japan, look at the Chowari and Webwari sections of this site.

http://svc.ana.co.jp/eng/dms/index.html

dynaland and takasu is where i buy my seasons passes. If you have a girl you cant bet the season ticket value of 20000 ecah at dynaland. Takasu has cheap week day tickets.

first off these resorts are side by side.

Dynaland is a place to jump and hike some small meadows for powder. it faces south so the powder doesnt last long. lots of sun and lots of people. best half pipe in japan.

Takasu has maybe the best and possibily the longest and largest park in japan. it faces north and holds powder stashes longer. the hikable stuff is nice and itsa easy to lap it up.

]great back country kickers and bowls.easy short touring.

these 2 resorts were supposed to be one resort. while in construction the resorts owner died and the company had to sell takasu to another resort co. at least thats how i know the story.

Last if your going up and coming home on a weekend ie sat or sun you are better off heading to nagano or leaving the resorts by no latter than 3pm. that means being in your car and out of the resorts. the resorts are new thus the highway is new. give it a few more years and the highway will be finshed and 2 lanes from nagoya will be finished untill then fear the traffic jam.

packages for the bus can be bought from jr alpen and various other places. I drive up from kyoto if there is anytime i can help you out just ask. I got up sun and mondays and stay at a small 3500 yen pension.

also its a young hip place so be prepared for lots of youngens.

Cheers again all. You've been really helpful especially Ocean and Fattwins.

I am a bit of a scared of loosing more teeth, and thus have been known to bottle it went it comes to the park!

However, I'll worry about that when it comes to it!!!!

Off to buy a board this weekend so I'll report back on what I got so you can all roundly mock my purchase ;\)

Gettin the rest of my gear sent over from sunny UK, so I'm very genki at the moment.

hope to see you there. ps the bus on sunday and saturday leaves at about 4:30 thus the traffic jam will be in its full boring glory.

anybody know the status on the on going construction of the tokai kokkuriku jidousha