• SnowJapan Admin

I was there last month actually and had a clear road all the way back. That, going fast and taking a few sneaky shortcuts in the Kandatsu area and it was done in just 15 minutes.

friend

Usually I'd say about 25 minutes.

• SnowJapan Admin

Turn left out of the West exit of the station and instead of turning to get to Route 17, go straight on and past NASPA. That cuts out a big detour around Route 17. You'll soon turn left onto Route 17 and then go about another 500m and you'll see a small road going off to the right. Use that and it cuts out another chunk of Route 17. Using those roads, you can get to Mitsumata in just over 5 minutes. It's much faster.

• 2 weeks later...

And found them when I was there. It really shortens the journey!

Snow was miserable when we were there unfortunately (was there for a meeting and hoping to have a day out on the slopes but it was raining!)

I went to Naeba, been to Kagura a lot and was looking for a bit of a change. Wish i went to kagura though, snow was crap. Up top it was icy and scraped and down low it was wet cement/sugar. i still had fun, on the "bad day on the mountain is still a good day" principle. But I finished up early, about 2pm, and headed to the onsen. Caught the earlier Shink home and went out for some beer and food

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Yep - should be 300 yen from the outside the seven/11 omiyage shop on the West Exit side.

I have always found the buses in the bus bay to be more consistent and timed better for the shinkansen than the bus stop outside the omiyage/combini.