need help with my hit-list for next season

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

screw u ender0 :p

lets have a look at our members pages shall we? I dont see a scrap of makeup there. Nope. Youre getting us confused with your useless biarches that think riding is the way to pick up and so glue on their fake eyelashes and spend 2 mins infront of the bathroom mirrors arranging the hair sticking out of their hat so its "perfect". (Im not even kidding) confused.gif

Nope thats not Nekobi and me. We're hard cool.gif . We might look like shit on the mtn but who cares?

Putting make up on indeed. And this coming from Ender"Ive only got 60 things in my toiletry bag"

And yeah sometimes you are waiting for me at the bottom but none of that compares to waiting at the top of the quad for you and barok to wade out of waist deep pow and then walk back up the slope after the lifts had shut. lol.gif

And if you dont like grumpy zwelgen in the morning then take your own car!

Im feeling a little defensive today

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what you all are bitchin' about

zwendernekobelgenbizero

that's

zwen-der-ne-ko-bel-gen-bi-zer-o

for the syllabically challenged

sure my friends were ridiculous with their makeup that day, and their sake the night before,

but didn't at least two of you get some of the freshest tracks all season that day, while I gave a lesson on the oh-so-gentle groomies for 2 hours ? " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

I think it was that same afternoon that we had some killer "pick a line" fun, or was that the day that we found that windlip off the skyline course - oh to build a kicker off that lip on the day after a storm. With that run being as steep as it is, you could fly for miles.

So many good times bro. Are you gonna go rip it up with Zwelgen? Wish I could join you. I am sure the lines will be sweet, but I can't imagine the powder will be better than that day. What's the word on the early season in the Rockies?

Yeah that was a seriously crazy day eh, after all the snow and a freezing night in the fire to wake up to bluebird and powder that was ALL OURS. Damn that was good. I think it might have been your first full on Japan powder day eh Ender0, it was epic. I still cant believe you were decent enough to spend 2 hrs with the ladies Barok, you are one paitent dude. And we never did find No Fakie and his lady.

Yeah Alferg if ya can get to the fire festival. You wouldnt belive what they are allowed to do.

Jan 15 every year. It used to be a public holiday but not anymore so it may well fall on a random weekday but thats not a bad thing sometimes because you get more pow for yourself and mates - unless they are gentlemanly (or foolish? ;\) ) to turn it down

just found out that my department at work is closed for xmas from 20/12 to 5/1, so im thinking we might head over early, rather than waste my holidays over here in the heat, wishing i was in the cold cool.gif ... so whats the score there around xmas? when do people take their holidays? is the snow any good as early as 20/12? when i first went to niseko it was 9th jan 2000, & it certainly wasnt crowded in the slightest - so what about the honshu resorts?

Damn right you might as well be here then...

Xmas is not a holiday for most working people, and the snow should either be OK or excellent by then (excellent if the last 2 years were anything to go by, especially at Nozawa).

• 2 weeks later...

hey,

i would be interested to see what you lot think of my latest itinerary...

19/12 - fly syd-osaka (then train to Kyoto)

sightseeing in Kyoto

(anyone got tips on nice, budget accom in Kyoto? possibly family-run Ryokan?)

24/12 fly osaka - aomori

ride Hakkoda for 8 days, possibly stay with new friends (failing that, anyone got tips on good cheap accom in aomori?)

31/12 fly aomori-saporro

Niseko for 10 days

11/1 fly saporro-syd

dude, if youre going to kyoto, nagoya is less than 1 hour away by shinkansen...it'd be a shame to come all the way to japan and then miss out on all that nagoya has to offer. in addition, from nagoya its easy to do day trips to exciting yokkaichi and the beautiful chita peninsular.

thanks - this is the kind of thing i need to know! my wife is an architect so she's really keen to check out temples, etc. we saw plenty of great mondern buildings in tokyo last year (how about that crazy asahi beer hall!) but i guess we are just up for seeing anything interesting.

so given that we have 4 days to look around the area, & we are flying in & out of Osaka, where would the best place to stay for easy access to all the good stuff?

Alferg sorry I didnt get back to your email I know a few more places but they are walkins for me and dont know the ph# will ge the wife to look them up.

second if your in Kyoto Crossroads 2 people 7200 a night about 80 auzzie bucks. web page hotel

Osaka I have no clue but kyoto Osaka Nara are only 30 to 1 hour minute train rides apart.

found this

This place seiki is near my work lots of good english speaking guide stuff there. very easy to plan tours out of there they go for the gaijin crowd http://www.reservations.bookhostels.com/...9278a7603ba771a

thanks fatts!

no worries re. accom in hakuba - i dont think we are going there now... but it could all change still!

crossroads looks very nice i must say. nice subtle website design too.

& i love the blurb on that seiki place! lol.gif

"This is a typical Japanese inn with homely atmosphere that is safe for women. A kind owner and a friendly dog are waiting for your arrival."

Quote:
Originally posted by alferg:
....and a friendly dog are waiting for your arrival.
There you go again. A nice dog about the place always bodes well. Just like at Goryu.

Oceans comments on Mogski are correct. Mogski is a filthy pervert. However he puts on good weekends away to the snow. Highly recommended.