Went to Ishiuchi Maruyama with some friends from Niigata today. 2nd day of the 3 day weekend, only to be expected but it was crowded.... good for the skijo but not the most fun, at times we seemed to be spending more time avoiding mad-riders than enjoying ourselves. Oh for the weekdays! Snow was good though especially this morning before the masses got on it.

sanjo_82.jpg

sanjo_77.jpg

sanjo_76.jpg

(I know it doesn't look crowded on these pics, but it was honest)

So you went in the end?! Looks like it was decent (apart from the crowds perhaps).

I was contemplating going out when I woke up at 10am but it was snowing lightly then and I was just too tired. Tomorrow looks promising --- may be one of those lovely sunny starts so I'm going to set the alarm just in case to peek out the window and make that decision. Great when you can do that. groovy

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
So you went in the end?! Looks like it was decent (apart from the crowds perhaps).

I was contemplating going out when I woke up at 10am but it was snowing lightly then and I was just too tired. Tomorrow looks promising --- may be one of those lovely sunny starts so I'm going to set the alarm just in case to peek out the window and make that decision. Great when you can do that. groovy

veryangry

I'm sorry I didn't mean it to come across in a provocative way. I just realise that being able to do that is lucky.

smile

If you guys ever come up this area give me a shout might be able to help you out with a lift or something.

cheers

Getting the shink up mate - my International license ran out and waiting a bit. There is a good shink ticket - think its 10,000yen to Niigata and it gives you an open return within the next 3/4 days. Probably gonna do that and then book some accomadation through this site wink

Lemme check TB - my Japanese friend told me about it last year - have emailed her to check the name of it. From what I remember, it was bought from one of those automatic ticket machines next to View Plaza in Fujisawa.

Sorry missed this one.

You can get individual tickets for the resorts or one that covers 3 resorts - Ishiuchi Maruyama, GALA Yuzawa and Yuzawa Kogen. The latter two used to be connected by a ropeway making it one big area, but for 3 (?) years now that has been closed as Gala have closed the south area of their resort due to damage from the earthquake (so I am told). Now you have to take a bus from the other resorts to Yuzawa Kogen which makes it less than ideal.

The "Three Mountain" ticket is only about 500 yen more expensive than the individual ones (Gala only = 4300 yen, all mountain = 4900 yen), and I think it's probably worth getting so you can ride Gala and Ishiuchi.

• SnowJapan Admin

Ishiuchi Maruyama is actually in Minamiuonuma, not Yuzawa and so not covered by that ticket. I do not know if you would be able to upgrade the freebie ticket or not with a few hundred yen.

friend

• SnowJapan Admin

You sure can try....

As your ticket is 'worth' the day at Gala, I would imagine you might be able to do that for the 600 yen. Don't quote me on that though!