IE users told to switch browsers over flaw

Quote:
Users of Microsoft's Internet Explorer have been warned of a flaw that could let hackers gain access to their computers and steal personal data, and told them to swap to a rival browser.

The flaw was spotted last week when hackers started attacking users of IE 7. The flaw, however, has also been found in earlier versions of Microsoft's browser, IE 5 and IE 6.

Because IE is used by seven out of every ten computers in the world, the flaw is potentially very serious. So far, however, it only seems to have been used to steal computer game code from rival gamers.

Microsoft is trying to put together a patch, but in the meantime computer users have been advised to update their security settings or switch to unaffected browsers such as Firefox or Opera.

Gambatter IE people trying to make a patch.

It is interesting that MS are promoting the use of the other browsers. Be interested to see if there is a change in the use of IE following this.

At work I only work through IE but today was to scared to turn it on to get anything and swapped over to FireFox which I worked out pretty quickly and bookmarked all my work sites.

I will just keep using MF for now as knowing my luck one of the web sites I use is going to be one of the bad ones.

Well I always use Firefox have done for ages now, haven't used IE for years, it seriously is a useless browser full of security holes.

Please everyone who is using IE change over to either firefox, Opera or safari, it only takes a few seconds to download and set up and you will be so much more secure and of course have so many more add ons that you can use to customize the browsers with.

Well I changed over to Firefox yesterday. Just to be safe. Goodness easy to set up and use isn't it! And I love that you get a spell check happening in the text boxes on forums. Less garbage spelling for me from now on.

Yep and you can also download and install the fast dial add-on which is great, so as soon as you open your browser all your favourite sites are there in front of you, just once click to access any of your sites. You can also have something like about 50 or more sites on the front page.